• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 Olight SR90/SR91 SST-90 Swap to SBT-90 for Greater Throw Service PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
what do you think about this emitter? is it a newer bin of the sbt on mouser? on mouser its not in stock on digikey its in stock. it lists 1538lms ar 9amp. cost more too. 78 bucks. what do you think?

I can't speak for something I have't seen in person and is from two vendors who might have different claims on the same item...

I love my SBT SR-90 so much I will never sell it unless there is another reflector LED thrower that beats it. Well unless I need money like crazy of course LOL

mr.lumen

Enlightened
lol understood, its just looks like the manufacture model number is a later or rather newer one is one on the digi site that costs more. mouser says they sell it but have none in stock so i dont know what to think. maybe i should contact luminus directly to find the newest bin viable of the sbt90...

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Olight SR90/SR91 SST-90 Swap to SBT-90 for Greater Throw Service

Well in fairness it comes with a SST with the dome instead of the AR glass covered phosphor. But I know what you mean and for me it's a definite yes!!! It could be a 1380 lm or it could be the high end of the MB and be a 1590, a difference of 210 lumens. But you can guarantee it's a good one and to me that's worth it.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Olight SR90/SR91 SST-90 Swap to SBT-90 for Greater Throw Service

Well said! I'm sold. I wonder what bin the olight srt950ut uses

mr.lumen

Enlightened

so the reflector in a standard p60 dropin reflector is big enough for an sst90 to be throwy? i was thinking it would need to be in a host with a bigger reflector.

it works good in a cooly, i have mine in a cooly now... running on a 26650 imr mnke 4ah battery... gets warm after about 3 minutes. gets hot after about 10-12 minutes depending if the cell is fresh or not. I would guestimate its about 800-900 lumens just by eye, but dedomed it has a nice vanilla white tint :) very pleasing to look at... and its throwy

Status
Not open for further replies.