Want an overall beast with throw and flood

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Can someone recommend a led light no bigger than a LR50R…no budget required…want flood and throw as I got a v6 but not enough spill….was considering Lr80r but a lil big for me….was gonna go with the x80 gt but the step down in such a short time what's the point in saying it's 25,000 lumens crazy ??? The step down on the LR50R is a bit better so might buy that or should I wait a while or is there anything with great power at the moment that doesn't step down so quick.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did a flashaholic just say that 😳😂
Yes, and I'm another one. Five more characters would have gotten you a brand name. With that, everyone would know what you're referring to.

In the flashlight market of 2022, it seems to me that a brand name is required preceding any alphanumeric string model designation (which are practically unlimited and sometimes even re-used). There are practical exceptions, like for example '6P', but this isn't one of those.

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
I know what a 6P would be identified as ha….oh your a newbie I wouldn't expect you to know what a LR50R is 😂
im not quite sure what other lights resemble LR50R out there even in the 2022 year ?

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Gotta give credit to "Newly Enlightened" member DRW. He knew what it was in a MIchigan minute. $325 flashlight. I didn't know, I'm a bottom feeder.
It's ok guys I was just being lazy and thought most here would know been on this forum 👋

flashflood

Enlightened
The Fenix LR40R (a flood/spot combo) is a great light -- I keep one in my RV. If you're looking for even more output, you might ask @vinhnguyen54 if he can mod it for you. I can vouch for his excellent work (as can many others here).

DRW

Enlightened
Gotta give credit to "Newly Enlightened" member DRW. He knew what it was in a MIchigan minute. $325 flashlight. I didn't know, I'm a bottom feeder.
Long time listener, first time caller....

fulee9999

Enlightened
if you want more than 12000 lumens sustained illumination I think you can just get a magnesium rod and a mirror, light it up, and daylight wherever you point your mirror at, while also a nice and even floody light around you

DRW

Enlightened
if you want more than 12000 lumens sustained illumination I think you can just get a magnesium rod and a mirror, light it up, and daylight wherever you point your mirror at, while also a nice and even floody light around you
That sounds like a big bucket of fun.

strideredc

Enlightened
I still have a long role of magnesium tape that's fun to light... I wonder how many lumens you get doing it 😉

when I worked on a firebase in Afghanistan (For the US DOD, I am English) they used to fire flares out of those howitzers! they would light up a whole valley from pitch black to "read a newspaper light!"

Reactions: DRW