Weaponlight Collection

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
Weaponlights003picasa.jpg
sooo sexxyy :rock:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still a little bit vague. which weapon light are you talking about. I am assuming from your question, that you are asking how do you turn the light on? but which light are you asking about?

Oh yeah anyone have any good ideas how I can mount my M3 w/ XM07 tailcap to a rail? I have a few mounts but they all require me to take apart my M3 to slip the mounts on and over the body of the M3. also the combat grip ring gets in the way. I was looking into this SF ring mount.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-mount-m79.html

I think it allows the light to be removed from the ring with out having to remove the mount from the gun.

Last edited:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot36
Where do you buy your hardware from? I have a plain jane FAL that I would like to update.

TIA

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
Depends.

a) Push Botton, back of light
b) Tape Switch, depends where you locate it
c) Toggle, back of light.

O i see 0.O
i think you get my point.i just want to know normally where the the switch to on the light cause from the picture i cant seem to find it. it so different from those flashlight like p3d in the design.but since it design for weapon wound it be troublesome to switch those light on if it is mounted on a riffle, in term of length?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Patriot36
Where do you buy your hardware from? I have a plain jane FAL that I would like to update.

TIA

Sunspot, there is no single source really. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For me, I wanted a short range, gas piston .308, capable of accepting a multitude of light combination's and quick change optics. It's lighter and imo, more capable than the M1A variants that I owned previously. The best starting point would probably be DSA though:

http://www.dsarms.com/

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have experience with a surefire dedicated weapon light?

im looking at a MP5 foregrip light. Is the body removeable? is it like a 3 body?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Does anyone have experience with a surefire dedicated weapon light?

im looking at a MP5 foregrip light. Is the body removeable? is it like a 3 body?
The standard forend WeaponLight installed on MP5's uses an L60 Lamp Module. It is not a "flashlight body" - you can not put a TailCap on it.
You'll need an A21 Universal Housing Body [onto which you can screw a TailCap] - this will create a model 650-00.
The L60 holds all of the 2nd SF123A, and the 1st SF123A is shared between the L60 and the Forend housing, or the A21.

Does this help?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Im a little bit confused with the terminology.
Yep. I'll try to explain.

As far as I understand it the dedicated weapon light is like my M952.
Head-adapter-body-tailcap

WeaponLights use terminology a bit different to flashlights.

Lamp Module
Housing
Switch
Note that sometimes the switches are integrated into a dedicated housing for a particular firearm

Lamp Modules are comprised for three main components:
1) Starting from the front we have a "Bezel" (head).
- On your M95 this is the same bezel as is used by the M2 flashlight.
- On the Classic WeaponLight model 628 for the MP5 the bezel is known as the Z32.

2) Next we often find an adapter onto which the bezel screws. This can be a "adapter collar" as is the case for the LU60 as used by your M95, or can be an adapter body (or Lamp Module body) as used by the L60 on the model 628.

3) Lamp Assembly - in the case of the M95 and the model 628 this is the same P60 incandescent Lamp Assembly.

Housings can be split into two main groups:
1) Universal
Universal Housings, such as the MH90 Millennium Universal Housing Body used by your M95, or the A21 Universal Housing Body can either have an integrated mount (such as the M50 Throw-Lever Picatinny Rail Clamp Mount used by your M952 - "2" indicates the M50 mount), or require an external mount such as M79 Universal Clamp Mount for 1" diameter housing bodies such as the A21.

2) Dedicated
Dedicated Housings, such as the H28 used by the model 628 are intended to replace the stock forend of a specific firearm such as the MP5. There are dedicated housings for shotguns, and for carbines such as the AR15 and HK G36.
These dedicated housings have integrated switches. Most common is a tape pressure switch pad. Also common are constant on/off, or system disable rocker switches.

TailCap Switches
Universal Housings [bodies] require TailCap Switches.
In the case of the MH90 as used by the M95, the most common TailCap switches are the XM07 and SW02.

Classic Universal WeaponLights had a huge variety of switch options. When ordered separately they came with their own A21 Universal Housing Body.

So we're hopefully established that a Millennium Universal WeaponLight such as the M952 is made from a Lamp Module, Universal Housing Body with Picatinny Rail Mount, and a TailCap switch.

We've also established that a Classic Dedicated Forend WeaponLight such as a model 628 is made from a Lamp Module, and a Dedicated Forend Housing with integrated switching.

We've also established that a Lamp Module is a WeaponLight component comprising a bezel, Lamp Assembly and some form of adapter collar or body used to attach it to a housing.

Please let me know if I've not been able to explain things sufficiently.
Note that there are many exceptions and variations to this general rule and I don't intend to use this thread to explore these.

Here's a photo that may help...
P115.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Haha! Sweet post Size15's! I'm not laughing because it's funny but simply because of the precision and methodical explanation. It's inspiring and perfect for this thread. :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Right so there are two main differences in this context between WeaponLights and Flashlights when it comes to how the batteries are contained:

Lamp Modules are not intended to completely contain all the batteries required to power them.
Housings are not intended to completely contain all the batteries required to power a Lamp Module.
The job of containing all the batteries required is shared by the Lamp Module and the Housing.

In flashlights this is different. All the batteries required are contained in the body.

Secondly, the Lamp Module threads are shorter than the threads onto which one screws a TailCap switch such as a flashlight body, or universal housing body (MH90 or A21). This means that a TailCap does not function when screwed directly onto a Lamp Module's adapter collar or adapter body.

This is why a L60 Lamp Module Body (adapter body) is not the same as a 6P flashlight body.

Also, the L60 Lamp Module Body is longer than the 3P body because the 3P body is designed to contain one SF123A battery whereas the L60 Lamp Module Body is designed to contain one whole SF123A battery and share the second SF123A battery with the Housing.

Al :)

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you. that clears it up immensly. so if I took a Z32-Lu60 collar-A21-tailcap that could be a potential 3P? well it doesnt have to be a Z32, it could be any 6P/M2 head.

Last edited: