Wee Q4 NS & Titanium Purchase Thread.

Mad1

Enlightened
I'm interested but is there any beam shots (indoor or outdoor) of either the 25 or the 50?

Cheers.

JohnnyDeep

Newly Enlightened
Dobber:

If the threads feel too loose, a really sticky so called dampening or helical grease can do wonders. This is the kind of grease used in the helical gears of camera lenses and the gear trains of microscopes, among other things.
I have found Nyogel # 767A to be perfect for this. This is a silicon based grease that is O-ring safe. The 767A saved another little Ti light for me with much too loose feel in the threads from the beginning. That one now is absolutely perfect.
When titanium threads are too rough, I use either Krytox 50/50 or MD Labs XF7 (my favourite most of the time).

Last edited:

Tritium

Enlightened
Weird...my NS is pretty smooth but not even close to twisting off on its own...my Ti tho is pretty rough tho and requires much more force to turn on (specially right before the light turns on) no amount of lube has helped... I'm hoping it will slowly break in

Same here with my Ti Wee, not even nanolube has helped much. My NS Wee is butter smooth.

Thurmond

Gizzy

Newly Enlightened
Same here with my Ti Wee, not even nanolube has helped much. My NS Wee is butter smooth.

Thurmond

I've been using that for lube also with no luck...works well on everything else tho

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately Titanium threads are never as smooth as the Nickel silver Threads which are just silky smooth.
Lubricants are necessary with Titanium.
The next run of Raw Ti we have halved the pitch on the Thread to create a finer thread that does give a smoother feel. So lessons learnt for any more future Ti Threads :cool:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wee is almost ready to purchase via the lummi site here:
http://www.lummi.co.uk/wee.php
The cart is not working at the moment so I am still taking orders via email & direct Paypal payment.
Hopefully the cart will accept orders by the end of the week.
Plenty of stock of the Wee NS & Wee Ti :thumbsup:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the emitters going to be availabe on the site, too, for those of us who can neither decide between the 25, 50 and 80 nor justify buying three?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested but is there any beam shots (indoor or outdoor) of either the 25 or the 50?

Cheers.

I recently received the Orb Wee NS (50) from Lummi, have the beam shots here the Quality of beam is very good, it has hotspot, primary side spill and secondary side spill.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm ready to buy one :) Still one question : how do you charge the battery? AW, the supplier of the cells, says "use 10-20mA coin cell charger" but where to get these? A standard charger (R123, nano,...) will put way too much current through the cells when charging, so I wonder where to buy a suited charger which will not damage the cell.

Gizzy

Newly Enlightened
You can get em here (good candidate for a group buy) or something from ebay :poof::D