Welcome Back the Darkness BBQ San Jose/Bay Area 9/25

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
BTW..would you do something in your front yard to make you more noticeable?

When I came last time, I missed the numbers on the house & spent about 5-10 minutes driving around the loop looking in all the wrong spots for you & wondering if I had the directions wrong somehow.

I am thinking like a 2x3 foot sign that says CPF or a traffic cone on a car roof. Something obvious that would make it easy for the 1st timers to find the house in the neighborhood.

Watch for the GIANT purple spider !!!!:naughty:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
can someone PM me the street address?
I will be at a birthday party early evening, and so I won't be able to come until late... after 6-7-ish.

thanks for arranging this once again!!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone relatively near san jose state uni on the way to the gathering? If not, I'll be late too -- hitching a ride from kramer :)

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
anyone relatively near san jose state uni on the way to the gathering? If not, I'll be late too -- hitching a ride from kramer :)

Hey we are really close to Branham light rail station. Less than a 5 min walk.
You could hop that.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Thanks SheDevil and Weedle for hosting. Wayne and I had a great time. Good Food, Friends and Flashlights!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Kevin and Vicki! I only made the last two hours but it's always a pleasure to see fellow flashlight folks. Thanks also to Gordan for showing me to the HDS Ra clicky. I think it's the first time I've actually got to try one.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
couple half decent pics.. most of mine were blurry >.>

SS-2010-09-25_23.56.02.jpg

fooood
SS-2010-09-25_23.56.36.jpg

blurry Jonathan decked out in new clothes -- hope the iph4 works still! note cola product placement in background.
SS-2010-09-25_23.57.21.png

waiting for the food to cook:
SS-2010-09-25_23.58.23.jpg

integrating tree group:
SS-2010-09-25_23.59.28.jpg

7 hours of a party! that was a blast! thanks shedevil and weedle for hosting, and everyone for bringing their awesome stuff!

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, SheDevil and Weedle for hosting yet another great GTG! That was a lot of fun and I learned a few things and got some more crazy ideas for more lights (my wallet is screaming!!!).

Did someone pick up a Solarforce L2 by accident? I'm missing one. Please PM me if you did. Thanks! My shotgun is missing his little budy.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jenna & I are home safe & sound.

We went to Lucky's but she wouldn't take the medicine because it wasn't the same color as the stuff at home.

So w/e. :shrug:

Of course she passed out within 2 minutes of being in the car! :thumbsup:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
SheDevil and Weedle thank you for hosting:wave::wave::wave:

As always alot of learning and seeing cool new stuff. That Quad SST-90 was a realy treat: Thanks Wayne.

I think I ate too many cookies too:whistle: John; looking forward to those beamshoots. :thumbsup:

elumen8

Enlightened
Weedle and SheDevil (or as I'll call the pair "WeeDevil" ) thanks for hosting another great get-together! It was good to see everyone and learn more about lights. Always a lot of fun.

-Jamie

ps...thanks to all those that either traded or sold me new parts for my addiction.

Max_Power

Enlightened
SheDevil and Weedle thank you for hosting:wave::wave::wave:

As always, a lot of learning and seeing cool new stuff. That Quad SST-90 was a real treat: Thanks Wayne.

I think I ate too many cookies too:whistle: John; looking forward to those beamshoots. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was a very enjoyable party, easier to mingle with the smaller turnout than the previous one. Plenty of good food and interesting folks. Thanks for hosting, Weedle and She-Devil.

I went home and zonked out... now at work putting in my 8 hours. Will see if I can upload and link the beamshots tonight. I don't know why, but something caused my 70-200mm F/2.8 lens to defocus, even though I had auto-focus disabled. Odd. Maybe I was shaking it by pressing the shutter. Next time I will use the remote shutter release.

Max_Power

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
thank you guys for having me, i had a great time talking to you all,
so much info, i am overdosed.

oh, did i say - so much great food ? boy you guys know how to host a party !

i greatly appreciate it ! everybody was so kind and friendly.

thanks again to everyone.

duffman

Newly Enlightened
It was great meeting all you guys! Everybody was welcoming and this event was very well lit :). Thank you She Devil and Weedle for being fantastic host!

I look forward to the next gathering!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for hosting again, SheDevil and weedle256, especially for allowing the kids to build their castle :)).

It was good to see everyone.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thanks for hosting again, SheDevil and weedle256!!! I was so late and got there towards the very end, after a very busy day... still it was great to see a lot of familiar faces.

thanks again!!:thumbsup: