Well I went ahead and ordered it! (Pics added)

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Well I went ahead and ordered it!

cmacclel said:
Yes it's twice as heavy as my current machine :) No clue how I'm going to get it into my shed / workshop but I will. I may hire a tow truck with a boom.

Mac

Mac, I got you covered on moving your new Lathe. I`ll be ther tomorrow.:grin2:

BTW, you know I am moving into your workshop when I get there, don`t you?:whistle: Hehe!:duck:

Ken

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ken, the better solution is to move Mac & his machine to your shop :wave:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

modamag said:
Ken, the better solution is to move Mac & his machine to your shop :wave:

:wow: A Shop! :huh: What can I say but yes and post my "I`ll take it" to your generous offer to come build this shop!:eek: :twothumbs I have plenty of flashlights so you can work around the clock!:poke: I`ll spring for beverages.:buddies: See ya soon! :wave:

Ken:whistle: :D

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well I called up Grizzly 3 days ago and they said it would be about a month. Then today I get an E-Mail stating it shipped 3 days ago! I call the trucking company and they say the machine is local and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow between 11am-2pm......WOW.

Tomorrow where expecting snow :(

Mac

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

Isn't a show day a good day to get new hardware? I assume it's similar to a rainy day here in Calif.

Sounds like a good day to stay inside and play.

By the way, congrats on getting such a nice machine. I'm grizzly green with envy.

Daniel.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac: WOW!~~~DOUBLE WOW! Congrats my friend, can't wait to see the crazy stuff you can produce with that large spindle bore.

kenster: Gotta be careful what you ask for. I'm in TX for couple weeks during the summer ;)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh well....... I leave work as my lathe is on it's way to my house and the trucking company shows up in a SEMI :( It amazes me how they know this was a residential delivery and I had to pay extra for lift gate service and they show up with a SEMI!

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well I just rented a trailer and am going to pick it up tonight. :)

Mac

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

cmacclel said:
Oh well....... I leave work as my lathe is on it's way to my house and the trucking company shows up in a SEMI :( It amazes me how they know this was a residential delivery and I had to pay extra for lift gate service and they show up with a SEMI!

Mac

Same thing happened to me! It was FedEx so I suggested they send it back to the terminal and try again. They showed up the next time with a truck with the lift gate. :D

Yup, we need pictures, definitely need pictures . . .

Even if we already know what it looks like. :lolsign:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhotonFanatic said:
Same thing happened to me! It was FedEx so I suggested they send it back to the terminal and try again. They showed up the next time with a truck with the lift gate. :D

Yup, we need pictures, definitely need pictures . . .

Even if we already know what it looks like. :lolsign:

I'll have pics tomorrow. I went to the terminal 25 miles away and *Just* picked it up........11pm :) I wish all business where so flexible.

No the trouble of moving 1500lbs into my shed!

Mac

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

cmacclel said:
I'll have pics tomorrow. I went to the terminal 25 miles away and *Just* picked it up........11pm :) I wish all business where so flexible.

No the trouble of moving 1500lbs into my shed!

Mac

AWESOME MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :twothumbs :buddies:

I`m so glad I just now found out or I would have been tempted to offer to go help you move that heavy sucker. :sweat: :whistle: Have fun! :grin2:

Ken :aaa: :xyxgun: Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhotonFanatic said:
Mac,

That's what engine hoists were made for--moving lathes. :D

Not for my shed that is only 1 inch off the ground :) The legs won't fit under it :(

It's in.......I post pics soon.

Mac

cdosrun

Enlightened

Mac,

Congratulations on the purchase. I have a question for you, it is a little off topic so please feel free to ignore. You mentioned using the lathe for the tri-bored bodies. I haven't seen one but was guessing they were broached becauase of the length of the Mags. Are you rotating them off centre in the lathe instead?

I have no metal work experience or equipment but I am interested in how some of you achieve such great things with your lathes.

Andrew

Last edited: