What’s the best high output flashlight right now? 20,000+ lumens

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
Been away from the scene for a while. I still have a bunch of Surefires, Elzettas, etc from the old days of collecting lights.

Now I'm looking for a high power flashlight. I do a lot of night fishing on the boat and need a hand held flashlight that has a good balance of throw and flood. My old 1,000-2,000 lumen lights do ok but just not cutting it.

I see Olight has a X9R Marauder that has 25,000 lumens. Is that the best thing on the market now or is there something else that's more impressive? Thanks for any recommendations.

3_gun

Enlightened
To many to list, going up to a claimed 100,000L. You might find a LEP to be a better fit for your needs, kinda depends on how much flood you want/need. LEP runs at much lower lumens keeping temps down & run times up.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
To many to list, going up to a claimed 100,000L. You might find a LEP to be a better fit for your needs, kinda depends on how much flood you want/need. LEP runs at much lower lumens keeping temps down & run times up.
Can you name a few? I've never even heard of an LEP. When I was deep into this stuff, 5,000 lumens was considered hot sht.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened

LEDphile

Enlightened
20k lumens out the front means ~150W of power to the LEDs, with everything that implies from a heat and battery perspective. It's doable, but for sustained operation, you're talking large battery packs and big heatsinks and/or fans.

On top of that, the eye's response is roughly logarithmic, so a doubling of output isn't going to look twice as bright (and for a given beam angle, you need 4x the candela to double the throw distance).

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I would lean towards one of those dual output lights with flood and beam so you can have throw and short area output.
That would reduce the amount of lumens needed to get out there far and likely be adequate still for close up lighting.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imalent MS18 is the brightest at 100,000 lumens for a minute. Uses a battery pack made up of 8 21700 li-ion cells. Costs about $670. I'd find it useful that it can stay at 22,000 lumens for over an hour. Has a heat pipe radiator and fan for active cooling.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
I got the nitecore p35i last week and finally had a chance to test it out tonight. Navigated through a big lake and some channels at pitch black. Would've been a nightmare without a good light so this thing definitely came in handy.

Can't really say anything bad about the light, UI seems simple enough to cycle through the modes and change brightness settings. Overall very happy with the light and the price seems very reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

matchless

Newly Enlightened
the mr-90(Imalent) I have is great for long throw and broad field coverage,brought it when they had it on sale.still ,even with 2 fans,it becomes rather toasty- quickly with all LEDs on turbo.

Silly Rabbit

Newly Enlightened
See this interests me. I put quality, reliability and possible warranty handling as first. You can have the brightest light on the market, but if it won't turn on a bic lighter beats it, lol.
So I have googled and searched alot lately looking for best choices. See alot of complaints on Imalent and even some posts on Acebeam, which is a downer as I had the X75 on my radar.
So even though they have less rated lumens in their brightest cannons, do Fenix (LR80R) or Olight (Marauder) or any other brands with big guns, compete with the lights all listed in this thread??
Like I said, I am looking for a cannon, but I want it to work for years to come trouble free. I would give up lumens for reliability.