Dio "Holey Diver".

dhd.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Metallica "Ride the Lightning".

mrtl.jpg

This is classic Metallica (not classic Anthrax
wink.gif
), and is the album I think of when I hear somebody mention the band Metallica.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Right now I'm listening to a little bit of the new Mars Volta on Youtube. The album won't come out until the middle of next month. I can't wait that long :).

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE4NshxVkM

These guys take some getting used to but they grew on me in 2003 and ever since then every new album is like opening up a present on Xmas day when I was 6!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
LED Museum it's nice to see somebody else on here who likes metal like Slayer and Metallica. Those are the two bands that got me into metal!!
I would say exactly the same thing to you - not all that many people can "get into" that type of music.
head.gif
:thanks:
head.gif

I believe I first got turned on to metal with Metallica "Ride the Lightning", then I went out and got Exciter "Violence & Force" , Anthrax "Fistful of Metal", and possibly an album by Megadeth. :) :D
head.gif
:D :)

Right now, I'm listening to Raven "Wiped Out".
Raven is what's considered NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal); they had their heyday in the 1980s. :)

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Ya I'm pretty sure "Ride The Lightening" was one--if not THEE song that got me into Metallica. South of Heaven and Bitter Peace got me into Slayer for sure. Since then my taste for metal has broadened into basically everything from grind to death to heavy..Not a big fan of the poppy poop that is coming out now adays though. What's your take on Slipknot? (sorry to shift the subject a little on the thread!)

Status
Not open for further replies.