What are you listening to? Volume 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best band ever!

Heck yeah! I have been listening to that particular album a lot recently too. Like I mentioned above somewhere in this thread, I got to see them live here in Houston a few weeks ago. I am a big fan of Dream Theater, and that's how I got into PT. Always had an album or two of em on my computer, but not till the last few months have I really began listening to them almost daily.

Some really good albums, all songs are strong.

fishinfool

Enlightened

Best band ever!

Heck yeah! I have been listening to that particular album a lot recently too. Like I mentioned above somewhere in this thread, I got to see them live here in Houston a few weeks ago. I am a big fan of Dream Theater, and that's how I got into PT. Always had an album or two of em on my computer, but not till the last few months have I really began listening to them almost daily.

Some really good albums, all songs are strong.

Aloha! I've never heard of these guys but am looking into new music.

What album of theirs should I start with?

:thanks:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason, I am in the mood for:

Tom Waits - Heartattack and Vine

heartattackandvineib1.jpg

Specifically...Heartattack and Vine

This has got to be the sleaziest sounding song EVER! I LOVE it!!!

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aloha! I've never heard of these guys but am looking into new music.

What album of theirs should I start with?

:thanks:

I am not uber in depth with them yet, however they have become one of my more favorite bands, possibly topping Dream Theater. Yikes.

The album in the photo, "The Incident" is certainly very good. It is their most recent album. It's a concept album, so all the songs are around the same subject or idea.

I also like "In Absentia" quite a bit. The first few songs of the album are some of my favorites. Seems to be a more fan favorite.

Fear of a Blank Planet was quite a hit.

It's really hard for me to say one particular album. If I had to choose, I'd go with the newest one, The Incident. That was a very neat album to see live. I'd recommend heading to YouTube and check out some of their stuff. A lot is available to watch from past live performances. The Sound of Muzak is an outstanding song and is in good quality there.

I imagine the other fellow here may have some more experience with their stuff that myself. Perhaps they can give a little more insight on what to pick up, but again, my recommendation would be The Incident.

-Cameron

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds of the strip - NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing
(but can't smell the nitro!)

I went to the Spring Nationals here in Houston a few weekends ago. Such awesome stuff. I never thought much of drag racing till my step dad took me several years ago. I haven't missed a weekend since. There's air show loud, then monster truck show loud...but then, way way far away, there is big, blastening, blistering, ear-splitting (exploding even), roaring, thundering...{insert one minute of other synonyms}...drag racing loud.

Words really can't describe the noise top fuel gives off. It's incredible. Good stuff.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Words really can't describe the noise top fuel gives off. It's incredible. Good stuff.

Ya got that right! I remember the first time I saw a top fuel dragster in the flesh...after a long night of watching (and hearing) "regular" Pro Stock funny cars/dragsters go down the quarter mile, they ran a TF dragster and I didn't bother to cover my ears (stupid, I know, and I'm sure my nights at the races contributed to the permanent ringing in my ears, along with dozens of heavy metal concerts, and decades of working construction), but after the first run of top fuel, I definitely covered them for every other one! The decibels are breathtaking...I still don't think I've ever heard/felt anything louder and more awe inspiring in my noise filled life, than the roar of a TF dragster! I could actually feel my guts bouncing around in my body due to the vibration! This comes from a man that's seen Motörhead five times! :eek:

Last edited:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Status
Not open for further replies.