What did you use your flashlight for today?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I don't get why everything consumer-grade now has to be black with blue. Dark blue too, that doesn't reflect warm or even neutral white light. To read some bits on my PC case, I have to use a cool white torch.

Luckily I now have a 5700K Nichia 519A (on a Convoy S21A) that's perfect for the task.

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
The high pressure hydraulic filter on my truck sprung a leak, had to go for a crawl and find the source of the leak. Out came the trusty Bravo and made the job straightforward yet again - I usually carry the flood lens; the soft shadows make this sort of thing so much better, and easier on the eyes.
And yes, that's a Wera spanner there, someone had to do it. Those things are phenomenal at getting the impossible angles conquered in a tight space.

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpeg
    IMG_4693.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
Last week, I used my tc15 flat against the wall when drywalling to check for any screws that were sticking out past the drywall. It worked perfect! I've done similar things while sanding and mudding and it's always amazing to see how bad a wall really is even when you think it's finished.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Last week, I used my tc15 flat against the wall when drywalling to check for any screws that were sticking out past the drywall. It worked perfect! I've done similar things while sanding and mudding and it's always amazing to see how bad a wall really is even when you think it's finished.
If there's ever a case for square/rectangular flashlight hosts, it's this.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^ Use one twice tomorrow,
Done.
Used a yellow body G2x Pro to peer into the water meter box in my front yard before turning off the main.

Used to same light to peer into a wall looking at the in wall faucet socket in the bathroom to fix a drip.

The previous owner of the house replaced the original galvanized water pipe with copper at some point. The cut off valves for the bath tub are now under the house so it's just easier to shut off the main.

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
I used a NEXTORCH UT41 signal light last night while walking across pedestrian crossings in China.

It makes me feel a little bit safer when drivers and scooter riders can see me.

It's becoming a bit harder to hear electric cars and scooters. They drive on the opposite side compared to Australia, and sometimes on both sides (when taking a shortcut). 🥵

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My wife dropped a glass bowl yesterday, with tiled floors it did its impression of a grenade, after sweeping up I used the HL 5-X to scan the floor for loose bits and spotted two pieces in adjoining rooms!
Yikes. Those glass shards go everywhere. I wish there was such a thing as a glass magnet. Besides my feet, I mean.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was working an event yesterday and I needed to check some cabling, so I hit the tail switch on my PD36R and... nothing. Huh? Put it on charge for awhile, tried it again and... still nothing. Took it apart, checked the battery voltage (measured 4.1 volts, seems ok) and put it back together again. Still nothing. Then I gave the body a good hard twist and it sprang back to life.

I'm thinking the battery spring needs to be stretched out a bit.