What Do You Drive?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got some better pics of my sweet ride. Had it for nearly 6 months now. The V6 engine is sweet! The power and handling are incredible! Wish the brakes were a bit better, and the steering wasn't so light. But very happy, overall. Pics taken by a good friend of mine. Enjoy. :)

'09 Mazda 6 sSport model.

55112.jpg

89896.jpg

*All imperfections are the result of sunlight reflecting off my ride. There is not one speck of bird poop on my baby.

KD5XB

Enlightened
Haven't run out of gas, but have run out of DIESEL a couple of times, although it was caused by parking on an incline when the fuel level was so low that it uncovered the pickup tubes.

The BIG tank holds milk, though...

speedjunkie

Newly Enlightened
I have two cars in my household. The first car is a '08 BMW 535i and the second car is a '07 BMW 328i. I also have a '03 BMW K1200RS motorcycle. My driving patterns haven't changed too much, but I do try to drive the smaller car whenever possible. On the weekends, I will try to ride the motorcycle more, but that really has nothing to do with gas economy...just trying to ride more :)

ponygt65

Enlightened
Current car:
98 Saturn SL2 (single dad of four...toys are no more)

Past cars:
2003 AB Procharged Mach 1
2004 DSG Mach 1
2003 Convertible Cobra
1965 K-Code GT Coupe
1965 A-Code GT Coupe project car
1966 Fastback Shelby clone
1966 Convertible SHelby clone
2002 Loaded Expedition
1998 Ford contour (woohoo).

Let me know if you want to see any of them. I'll post some pictures if you'd like.:thumbsup:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
An almost bone stock Explorer sport with the 4.0 Litre soc engine. Gas economy and towing a bass boat will never go together. I do get 21mpg when I leave the boat in the garage. We are not going to talk about the boats mileage, it only has two speed settings, idle for no wake zones and balls to the wall.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got new wheels back in February---2009 Jetta Turbo diesel--best car I've ever owned. Goes like the wind and, 42+MPG on the highway at legal+++ speeds! :devil:

Karl

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Current car:
98 Saturn SL2 (single dad of four...toys are no more)

Past cars:
2003 AB Procharged Mach 1
2004 DSG Mach 1
2003 Convertible Cobra
1965 K-Code GT Coupe
1965 A-Code GT Coupe project car
1966 Fastback Shelby clone
1966 Convertible SHelby clone
2002 Loaded Expedition
1998 Ford contour (woohoo).

Let me know if you want to see any of them. I'll post some pictures if you'd like.:thumbsup:

Of course we want pictures! :poke:

Especially of that sweet Contour! :naughty:

iapyx

Enlightened
My car and one of my working bikes. It's an old pic but the bike's so good (Intense Tracer) I haven't bought a new XC one since.

Volvo V70 R
Manual transmission, big dual-piston Brembo brakes, 300 hp but only on a cold day with good gas and a warm engine and high humidity with the A/C and traction control turned off etc etc.
I do like the car, though. I hope to drive it 'til it's unfixable.
I've tinted the windows since the photo.

blinky.jpg

Wish I could ride my bike into Boston/Cambridge but there's no good safe way from the South direction and a reactivated train line killed all hopes for a rail-to-trail. Man that train spews a lot of gunk. Hard to imagine it's really lowering pollution. Sorry. Back to topic...

Responding a bit late. It's 1,5 years ago since you wrote this.
Back in 2000 (around) I did ride my bike from South Boston (Readville) to the city hall and back. Not safe? I don't know. I didn't know Boston and it's neighbourhoods so well yet. Looked safe to me. Only unsafe things I encountered were the holes in the roads I had to avoid. :)

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got new wheels back in February---2009 Jetta Turbo diesel--best car I've ever owned. Goes like the wind and, 42+MPG on the highway at legal+++ speeds! :devil:

Karl
Just wait until the engine is fully broken in. My '98 Jetta TDI engine fully broke in at around the 80,000 mile mark. Oil consumption went to zero and the economy surged to about 45 MPG on the highway despite a heavy right foot and some power mods. I miss that car.