What do you guys like for pens? ...

LanthanumK

Newly Enlightened
Cheap Zebra F-701 stainless steel pen (with plastic guts), can function "tactically" in a pinch. Not the most reliable, though; the 701 clicky fails rather easily. I replace mine with the clicky from the F-402 pen, which is all stainless steel and more durable. Ironically, the 402 is cheaper.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latest edition to my collection is the Jaguar E Type 50t Anniversary roller ball in red.As an edc running a Parker Jotter again.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Cheap Zebra F-701 stainless steel pen (with plastic guts), can function "tactically" in a pinch. Not the most reliable, though; the 701 clicky fails rather easily. I replace mine with the clicky from the F-402 pen, which is all stainless steel and more durable. Ironically, the 402 is cheaper.

The F-701 looks tougher than it is. Try striking an attacker with it, that model has a tendency to snap off right where the checkered portion meets the smooth. Far from useful as a tactical pen.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
The F-701 looks tougher than it is. Try striking an attacker with it, that model has a tendency to snap off right where the checkered portion meets the smooth. Far from useful as a tactical pen.

"The discussion of Pens, Lights, or any other items being implemented in such a way that is not their primary function is not condoned here at CPF. Please conduct such conversation over at CPFUnderground...etc etc." :D:devil:

Anyways, pens with thin threads and thin walls are usually a bad choice as an improvised 'hammer'. Many pens (even stainless) have been known to...acquiesed to the weight of my rear end. Then I realized I should stop carrying them in my back pocket.

Forgot to mention...I enjoy my Namiki Prera for jotting quick notes. I find it comfortable even for extended writing assignments.

Last edited:

CommanderTony

Newly Enlightened
Yasutomo quad made in Japan

3 ink colors Pens (Red, Blue Black) (or Highlighter or Stylus) and automatic pencil all in one barrel
Same Size as a regular pen
.05 pencil (wish it was .07)
Refills available in medium and fine point
Pencil and eraser refills available

Last one I got was $19.99 off ebay...

CommanderT's Pen of Choice:

Aluminum case construction. Solid Holding. I have used it now for years.

LEDs at tip provide enough light for reading, make notes, even write a novel.

1 x AAA Lithium Battery

Push Button Switch LED [ON] / [OFF] Rotating cap retracts ink cartridge

[1] common AAA cell Over 20 hours of operation per battery. Dual LEDs rated at 100,000 lifetime hours.

Extras with aluminum pen:

One blue ink cartridge and one black ink cartridge.
Two [RED] + [GREEN] color lens to preserve night vision.

End of description.

It has served me well and continues to do so moving forward 2014.

CommanderTony

LanthanumK

Newly Enlightened

Sorry, I actually meant the clicking apparatus, not the pen itself. The Zebra F series is somewhat modular, so you can put a 402 clicky on a 701 pen. the 402 clicky is all stainless, while the 701 clicky is mostly plastic. Swapping clickies is very common among the EDC community. Of course the 701 body is more durable.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
After a bit of consideration, and a new job that should help to free up some funds for a bit of Mad Money spending, I've decided to get the original Fisher clicky Space Pen. (The only high-quality non-plastic pen that I'll be buying a 2nd time after losing the first one I had years ago.) Just an excellent, slim, EDC pen.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a bit of consideration, and a new job that should help to free up some funds for a bit of Mad Money spending, I've decided to get the original Fisher clicky Space Pen. (The only high-quality non-plastic pen that I'll be buying a 2nd time after losing the first one I had years ago.) Just an excellent, slim, EDC pen.

I have always had an interest in the original Fisher clicky, but by the time I got bit by the pen bug, kickstarter had diverted my attention. I use a Render K (filled with a Pilot HI-TEC-C 0.4 black refill) at my desk, normally for balancing my checkbook. Lately I've been edcing Ian Schon's Pen project, filled with a blue Fish fine refill. In the mail is a Mover pen by Tactile Turn (hopefully I get to try it out this summer on vacation).

-Mayo

lefteye219

Enlightened
This was given to me by my GF So been carrying and using it. I will admit i am thoroughly impressed by this combo of Moleskine
y9unu4u5.jpg

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
I like zebra pens. They are fairly priced, are well-made, and write well. My only complaint is the thin barrel.

ZDAqZRS.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
I've recently gone to the dark side. I've always carried Parker Jotters (or pens that take the Parker-style refills). I did buy a Fisher Space Pen to try. Its the American flag clicky version. I'm not a big fan of it as it's too thin. I do like the refils, though.

Anyway...back to my original comment. I recently purchased a pair of Zebra F-402's in preparation of doing the F-701/402 clicky mod. I haven't found 701's anywhere locally yet (and I don't want to order them online cause the wife will know and give me grief about "another pen"!) I drilled the tip of the 402 to accept one of my Fisher refills and really like the combination. Decent heft, not to skinny or too fat...and a will write on almost anything.

Hopefully I can fine some 701's soon, but if not, I'm okay with carrying my 402/Fisher combo.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've recently gone to the dark side. I've always carried Parker Jotters (or pens that take the Parker-style refills). I did buy a Fisher Space Pen to try. Its the American flag clicky version. I'm not a big fan of it as it's too thin. I do like the refills, though.

Thanks for reminding me. I've got one of those in a storage box somewhere. Yeah, it is too thin.