What do you have on your keyring 1xAAA or 1xAA light ?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: What do you have on your keychain 1xAAA or 1xAA light ?

The largest light I've ever regularly carried on my keychain is a AAA model. Current one is a gold-colored iTP EOS A3. Works well. But the head is a bit too smooth compared to my Maratac AAA model. (Twin of the A3.)

There's only one AA light I've ever seen that was overall small enough to carry on a keychain. If I had to rely on a single AA light for keychain duty, it would be my original Nitecore EZAA model.

In the near future, I hope to get a Peak LED Solutions N-cell model with lanyard hole to be my regular keychain-carry light. Would prefer the even smaller form-factor.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have looked at Peak Eiger but it looks like is about 3.6 inch if I am not mistaken
That is long for me for keyring it has to be under 3 inches

I have been caring the Inova keylight with 2x2016 but had too many accidental turn on
I then switched to Photon II which has been very good, the model with four screws
However the cost of two 2016 at almost $5 is expensive

I think 1xAAA will be a good substitute

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I have looked at Peak Eiger but it looks like is about 3.6 inch if I am not mistaken
That is long for me for keyring it has to be under 3 inches.

Their N-cell model (not an Eiger variation) is a very short and stubby light. No where near three inches. The iTP EOS A3 and its Maratac AAA clone is about as short as you can get in the single AAA form-factor. I believe Klarus has a AAA model that is a hair shorter. But the company hasn't been around long enough to establish a good record for reliability.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened

AAA Fenix E01 on my keys just in case. If, on the off chance I forget to grab my EDC, :banghead: I don't want to be caught with nothing.

egrep

Enlightened

AA is way too large for a keychain, IMO. I carry AAA lights on keychains. Ti ITP, various Maratacs, DQG-II, LF2XT Yes, I carry all of these, I rotate my EDC regularly... Bigger lights like 123 or AA/14500's carry in my pocket with a clip. 18650's in my pack.

HarveyRich

Enlightened

Agree with all the posters that AA size is too large for keychain--for pocket too. I have something a bit different from the other posters, a Lummi Wee on the keychain, which is 1.3 in long and 0.59 in at the widest point with 50 lumens. However great the light is for keychain emergency, I don't recommend a Lummi product because of all the delivery problems he has had with customers, including me (I do love the light, though). I use an itp EOS A3 for my pocket for normal edc. It works just great for its purpose with a 10440 li ion battery.

Tbone559

Newly Enlightened

Lumintop worm xAAA...one for me and my girl.

sassaquin

Enlightened

If you really, really, badly want one, I guess I could.
I made mine using a single mode ITP but I've been planning to get a 3 mode upgraded edition and make one as that would be a more flexible version,
with longer runtime when needed so I'd recommend that option, but I'll have to check if there are any in stock locally.

About the Torpedo... Thanks ;)

tgwnn

Holy cannoli, that is one of the cutest lights ever and I really, really want one bad. If you do consider making anymore of these, I would love to get in line behind brembo for one - preferably SS, but I'd take anything.
I'm rooting for you and your tiny Torpedo and hope that it comes to fruition.:)

My current keychain light is a illuminati titanium XP-E Q5, but a Peak Shasta (brass) N cell is to be delivered on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's lots of wisdom here, Dude Dudeson! You're an original thinker, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Quark Mini AA with an Eneloop. But I'm lying a bit here since I don't use a keychain - I HATE keychains. I use a key RING, and with it's current five keys I consider it to be overpopulated.

My light is carried with a carabiner, separately from my keys or anything else.

I used to keep my house and vehicle keys on separate rings - that way if I lose the car keys I can still get in the house and vice versa...

Since I've never lost any keys I finally integrated the two - but my flashlight's staying separate.

I like the ability to grab my EDC and use it without any "glob of crap" attached to it. Even the carabiner is sometimes an impediment, but it's also an advantage sometimes too so it works out...

GTP

Newly Enlightened

Arc aaa as a backup to my hds clicky 170

Slashman

Newly Enlightened

Used to carry a Fenix LD01 R2 but have swapped to a Quark MiNi AA R5 with Lithium primary for keychain light. Reason being that for something a little larger I get ~4 times as much juice. In real life I do not notice the difference between the sizes of the Fenix and the Quark in my pocket.

vali

Enlightened

I have a Quark MiNi AA neutral from the first batch (XP-E 5A). The only thing I would change would be a brighter high. In the car keychain I have a Fenix E01.

device manager

Newly Enlightened

I'm a minimalist when it comes to things in my pockets, so I carry a Streamlight Nano.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened

I have a Olight i2 EOS and dont find it to be too large, but I chose this due to the fact I don't have any AAA eneloops and have plenty of AA's

grayhighh

Enlightened

Will love to get a McG Sapphire on my keychain !