Found this last week

Attachments

• 20220726_231850.jpg
    20220726_231850.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 20220726_232147.jpg
    20220726_232147.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 175
IMHO it's a toy. It'll work, and start a few fires, but it's not the sort of gizmo you want to trust your safety to in an emergency. Might be useful to start a boy or girl in bushcraft education though.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't think they should own the use of common words.
Normally I'd agree. But in this case, there should be a space between Sure and Fire. Also, one word plus all caps = They're misrepresenting this as a SUREFIRE product.

But Zippo is a huge company. Likely bigger with more profits and lawyers than SUREFIRE. So, no surprise that SF hasn't sued them yet. Likely never will.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trademarks generally exist within a given industry. Like there's a "Maglite" out there that's a brand name for a magnesium compound. If Zippo started making flashlights or silencers called Surefire only then it'd be a trademark infringement, as far as I know.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
SUREFIRE has made knives.
Just checked eBay.
Got results for this Zippo product, along with those for SF knives.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO it's a toy. It'll work, and start a few fires, but it's not the sort of gizmo you want to trust your safety to in an emergency. Might be useful to start a boy or girl in bushcraft education though.

That was my initial thought also, but then I found this.......

Worked much better than I thought it would.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well then, I guess SUREFIRE is clear to produce the "ZIPPO" flashlight, with an output hot enough to light a cigarette.
Already done! Decades ago!
SUREFIRE M6. Literally hot enough to light a giant sheet of paper on fire. A simple cig. stands no chance! 🔥

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already done! Decades ago!
SUREFIRE M6. Literally hot enough to light a giant sheet of paper on fire. A simple cig. stands no chance! 🔥
Yes, but it didn't have the word "ZIPPO" stamped on it. I'm talking about turn about is fair play. ZIPPO used SUREFIRE's name, so now SF gets to retaliate in kind.

I'm thinking the guys in the boardroom at ZIPPO thought that by having both names associated with it, they could get both brand's collectors to buy it. That is who I see being the majority of buyers here, or at least, a large part of the market. If you are a SUREFIRE and/or ZIPPO collector, you better get this product quick, before it goes out of production or ZIPPO gets forced to drop the SUREFIRE name off the packaging. I foresee this item becoming a very hot collectable if either thing happens.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in the day when I was in some sort of Cadet programme I recall them selling a Zippo with a flashlight insert. I haven't seen one since but would totally buy a NOS one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Back in the day when I was in some sort of Cadet programme I recall them selling a Zippo with a flashlight insert. I haven't seen one since but would totally buy a NOS one.
Output was crap, and it was an incandescent instead of an LED.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Eh technology has to start somewhere. I would assume Solitaire like performance.
Honestly, with so many different aftermarket, as well as in-house inserts for Zippo lighters; I wish they'd make a new batch of Zippo in-house flashlight inserts. Latest LED, make it USB-C rechargeable. Pop one into a cool Zippo case, toss that into a Zippo leather belt pouch.... Ultimate minimalist EDC flashlight.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Honestly, with so many different aftermarket, as well as in-house inserts for Zippo lighters; I wish they'd make a new batch of Zippo in-house flashlight inserts. Latest LED, make it USB-C rechargeable. Pop one into a cool Zippo case, toss that into a Zippo leather belt pouch.... Ultimate minimalist EDC flashlight.
Seek and ye shall find....at amazon.

Or build your own