What is the brightest pistol mounted flashlight? Other questions

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally I got my Seraph P7 head. AFAIK this is now the brightest setup for a pistol mounted light at 850 lumens.

dsc0341p.jpg

dsc0342d.jpg

dsc0343a.jpg

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raven has you covered on the pistol light.

I'd say you get a Malkoff M60 dropin for your Z2. Preferred by many officers both on this forum and in my department.

As far a backup light maybe the surefire e1b(b for backup)

Be safe! and welcome to the CPF!
+1

I agree 100%.

fyrstormer

Banned
I'm pretty sure you don't want the brightest gun light you can get, unless you want to be completely blind to anything (i.e. anyone) approaching you from the side, where the light isn't pointed. Best not to destroy your night-vision.

What about something with a green emitter? Something that your eyes are really sensitive to, but which won't damage the ability of your retinas to see the dim blue ambient light at night? Also, it can be much easier to pick out details in monochrome light instead of white light.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct. 850 lumens is way overkill. I was merely showing off my new toy. My TLR1 is perfeclty adequate for what I need it for.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really, really want an old Laser Products weaponlight, a Malkoff P7 prototype, and an LU60. This one would be small enough that you could holster it, and bright enough for anything else.

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
I have a TLR-1 on my duty pistol and it is great light for searching out crackheads in basements! :devil: I keep it mounted and use a Safariland 6280 holster .........can't complain one bit! :thumbsup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the help! I'm going to go for a Eagle Tac light for a main and rifle! As for my backup the zebralight sounds like a good one will not be spending $140 on a surefire that gets 80 lm! When I can get 190 lm out of a $89 zebra?

Not really a surefire fan you pay for the name more then the flashlight! Like many other things! No flame!:thumbsup:

I had nothing to contribute as my country does not allow private citizens to bear firearms so i just sat back and enjoyed the thread with some slight twinges of envy :D

Anyway, i saw something that i could contribute, the Zebralight is, first, a headlamp/flashlight that is pure flood which may or may not be what you're looking for.

And, i think that Zebralight's site has them at the lowest price.

I'd humbly suggest a Quark Mini 123 or Nitecore EX10 for a tiny CR123 light that you can use as a backup which has a good low mode and decent high modes.