What is the one tool that is missing in the Leatherman Skeletool?

fyrstormer

Banned
Well, you guys have pretty much confirmed for me that the Skeletool isn't worth buying. I took one look at it and thought "it only has a knife, a screwdriver, and pliers? That's bloody useless." I was starting to think otherwise, but all this talk of "what if we could add just one more tool" and discussing the shortfalls of the existing tools gives me pause to consider that my Leatherman Crunch has never left me wishing it had more tools on it -- AND it has lockjaw pliers.

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
I currently own a Wave, two Surges, and a Skeletool. I've been EDCing the Skeletool since they first came out and love the thing. I sometimes put in the pocket using the clip, but most times I clip it on my belt loop with the biner. The knife gets plenty of use as well as the screwdriver and pliers. The bottle opener has come in handy countless times for my beverages and those of others. I can deploy that opener on a bottle faster than openers that my friends own. What would I add to the Skeletool? Nothing. It is a minimalist multitool. It is a knife and pliers with a couple extra goodies included. I don't want the bulk and weight of a normal multitool.

Besides, if I need some more Leatherman power, I just reach to my EDC bag and bust out my Surge with optional bit kit. Leave the Skeletool as-is!

morituri

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the Skeletool over the weekend. I can understand needing scissors and tweezers. I just carry a Victorinox Swisscard Lite, which gives me both scissors and tweezers, in a addition to a backup light and blade.

I also find that detachable scissors (like the one on the Swisscard) is MUCH easier to use compared to one that's attached to a big multitool.

Latest posts