What is your most expensive light?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My McGizmo's are my most expensive lights; I own 5 of them.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That would be a very nice Surefire L1 that a fellow member gave me as a retirement gift. He knew I'm too cheap to spend that much on one for myself. Most I've ever spent is $60 for an Arc LSL a few years back and the same for a LiteFlux LF3XT recently.

Geoff

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me said:
Fenix L0D-CE ($44) and Lumapower M1 ($80), my first, and second most used lights respectively. Most of my other multitude of lights are cheaper (<$40) store-bought lights, such as MagLites and drop in modules, or Chinese lights (DX, Kaidomain etc.), many of which I bought solely in order to modify.

Well, my most expensive light has changed since I last posted in this thread, I'll post my top dollar LED, HID, and Incans:

Mag 4C - Incan - Osram 64611
AW 3-Mode incan driver - $75
4x AW C-Cell - $88
Host - $18
Litho LOP Reflector - $20
Borofloat Lens - $4
Several Bulbs - $20
Fivemega Stainless Steel Tailcap - $30

$255 total

Amondotech N30 - HID
Host, $150
DX Cree Q2-5A Dropin, $12
DX p60 clone, $8

$170

I dropped the Q2-5A dropin into the head of a random dx p60 clone, ditched the battery tube, and replaced the stock 5mm LEDs with a 3W neutral white LED, inside an aluminum head (to dissipate the head). I attached the replacement secondary light using heatshrink tubing.

Mag 2C - LED - 3x Cree MC-E
Host, $16
3x 6C Bin MC-E LEDs, $66
DX Triple Optic, $4
2x DX LiIon C cells, $14
Tri-star heatsink, $12

$112 total

Very rarely do I Actually buy new lights anymore. I generally just reconfirgure the same mag hosts I've had once I get bored with them. I'll use different bulbs, or different LEDs etc. I don't count all that in the prices above as I still have all the old 'guts' sitting in my junk drawer, waiting to be used for some future project. These are the prices of all the components in the lights as they exist now.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Olight M20 Warrior R2,

which cost me A Hundred Bucks ! ! !

:eek:

:eeksign:

:broke:

_

glockbob

Newly Enlightened
Drywolf wins,

Plus he has got bonus HID lights in the front.

Most I spent was on my Surefire E2E, $100.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire e1b w/6P bezel + Malkoff Drop-in P7.
E1b NIB $99.00 delivered
6P head $40 new on Ebay (purchased pre-CPF days)
AW 16340's w/charger $33
Malkoff P7 $78
E to C adaptor $32 delivered

Total$282 :sick2::ohgeez::sick2::candle:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
My AmondoTech Titanium Mega Illuminator, which costs $159.95. I love my Mega Illuminator and feel it was a bargain for the incredible performance it gives.

rotncore

Newly Enlightened
HDS Ultimate 60GT, then had Milkyspit Seoul mod it when I thought it was getting a bit underpowered. It buzzes a bit, but I'd never part with it.

NovaTac 120T is coming.

The custom bug hasn't bitten me yet, and I don't think it will. ~$200 is my threshold before I tell myself I'm nuts. There are too many good production lights.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC-P7 $129
My M90 Rattlesnake I was so fortunate to receive during the Christmas give away:twothumbs:wave:;). Though technically I paid nothing for it:rolleyes:. Other then that, the $30 taskforce and a few Mags, I build all my "more expensive lights" though none of them cost more then around $50 max, though if I went out and bought all the parts new they would add up "Bigbeam 1766 C Power House "would cost new = $395:faint:" and so on:grin2:.

flash_bang

Enlightened
My 6PL. Not stock, mind you, but with the A19, FM35, combat rings it comes to about 120. accessories really skew the perception of how expensive a light is, amirite?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPY007
McLux III-T
Ti A3
Several Ti A2's and A1's
Ti PD-S
FM's Red HID Elephant

Last edited: