What knife do you EDC?

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Current EDC's:

Spyderco Military CE 440V in my watch pocket (Yes, it does stick out a little and is quite visible but no one around here recognise it as a knife :) )

SOG Access Card hidden in my wallet

SOG Crossgrip also in my watch pocket (not exactly a knife but I keep the little blade on it wicked sharp and it's very sheeple friendly)

I have a BG-42 CF Military on the way from NGK so that will probably replace my current millie as my EDC. Also have an Al Mar mini-SERE on the way, so I might need to find some place to carry that as well. I think I need more pockets :ohgeez:

I'm currently drooling over pictures of wood inlayed classic sebenza's, and don't think I'll be able to resist buying one for long :grin2:

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Current rotation consists of the following:

small Sebenza w/African blackwood inlays

Syderco Delica

Benchmade 941

Others are worked in from time to time but these three make up 90% of my EDC needs.

Mad1

Enlightened
Unfortunaly I live in the UK so I can't carry any of my knives I'd like to, but I still carrry a Leatherman Squirt P4.

lukus

Enlightened
Always have a SAK Hiker with the awl sharpened up to remove splinters. Works better than a needle and gets way too much use. Also usually carry a Doug Ritter Bench Made in S30V and switch that out for the Osborne Bench Made in 154CM for dressier occasions.

EV_007

Enlightened
Benchmade Griptilian Ritter version s30V in black finish seems to be the one which finds its way into my pocket these days. Good balance of weight, steel quality and cost.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
A very simple design that I have liked ever since Gerber brought it out in the early 80s, a Blackie Collins designed Bolt Action with a drop point blade. I like the handle design, and the lock, which happens to be easy to manipulate with my left hand as I am a leftie. The current model is a discontinued Meyerco model with pocket clip and thumbstuds. I have 3 because I bought 2 spares when I saw they were being discontinued. I also carry a serrated Spyderco Cricket in my right front pocket. I dont consider the SAK Midnight Manager and Gerber Multipliers to be knives, they are tools ;) .

I have bought dozens of other designs, benchmades, spydercos, customs, to try and replace this design but I always go back to it and they get tossed in the knife duffle, or given away.

cb36cc6d.jpg

Last edited:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to be a lot of Griptilians out there! So I take it that S30V is the best steel for the blade? Please forgive the NEWB question...

WP

oregonshooter

Enlightened
S30V is the best I've used. I carry a Benchmade Ritter model Griptilian also. Some day I'd like to upgrade to a Large Classic Seby.

Anyone want to trade for a Kahr PM9? :)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blade steel is very subjective to how it is used and maintained, ground, heat treated, tempered, blade geometry, lots of variables. Even the lowly 440 C that everyone turns their noses up at makes an excellant blade when done correctly. Few people I have found, actually use a blade to the point where the slight differences will be actually noticed in the types of steels when they are used in blades by good quality makers.

I use a strop and steel all the time, and have not had to actually use a sharpening system on a 440C blade in about a year. And it gets used constantly. Just last week I cut thru a 3 inch thick roll of carpeting without unrolling it, by rocking the blade back and forth thru it after stabbing into it fully. And I reprofiled the blade to about 15 degrees a long time ago.

Just my opinion.

VWTim

Enlightened
Yes, blade steels are highly overrated for most users. With that said, I like my Ritter mainly for the blade profile and balance. My combo edge grip in 440C cuts just as good.

How much you lookin for Jim? Shoot me a PM (not very serious now, but maybe in a month)

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
For the last year or two, a small Sebenza plus a Gerber 200 on the keyring and a Leatherman Micra loose with the change. I'm not reg'd on any knife forums and youse guyz made me buy the Sebbie! (Thanks!)

Larry

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
tvodrd said:
For the last year or two, a small Sebenza plus a Gerber 200 on the keyring and a Leatherman Micra loose with the change. I'm not reg'd on any knife forums and youse guyz made me buy the Sebbie! (Thanks!)

Larry
What about that cute lil' UTX70
smoker.gif

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gerber Gator clip point. Soon to be upgraded to something that I can attach a lanyard to.

:buddies:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
JimH said:
What about that cute lil' UTX70
smoker.gif

I don't carry it, but as you well know am considering shortening the blade by ~3/8" to make it CA carry legal. :nana: I'm also considering lightening the Sebbie and improving access for my big thumb to the blade stud. :D

Larry