• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What new flashlights would YOU like to see from Peak???

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it. Titanium Logan with a Night Patrol dial at the rear of the light. Electronic UI, infinitely adjustable. It can run on a CR2 and have plenty of room to spare for the electronics/engine in the back. Like a Porsche.:devil: Someone already posted the idea for a dial on a Logan somewhere on CPF, can't remember where. At that level of quality I would pay $500~$1k for such a light.

Drummer

Newly Enlightened
What I would like to see...first the evolutionary steps: i'd like to see a rotating tailcap to activate the light instead of the bezel. That could also allow a way to isolate the battery compartment so that the battery wasn't involved in directly compressing the QTC. I'd also like to see an orange peel reflector for improved beam qualities. A well designed pocket clip and attachment method is a must, imo.

I don't care anything about copper or Ti, aluminum works fine and is probably cheaper but if we're dreaming, i'd like a larger sized tactical/pocket (e-series sized) light with QTC and a rotating push-tail switch like the mountain series only capable of being turned to lock the output in position. ie...push the tail switch to activate then turn it for constant-on at that brightness level. That would be a revolutionary tactical light, again imo.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
What I would like to see...first the evolutionary steps: i'd like to see a rotating tailcap to activate the light instead of the bezel. That could also allow a way to isolate the battery compartment so that the battery wasn't involved in directly compressing the QTC. I'd also like to see an orange peel reflector for improved beam qualities. A well designed pocket clip and attachment method is a must, imo.

I don't care anything about copper or Ti, aluminum works fine and is probably cheaper but if we're dreaming, i'd like a larger sized tactical/pocket (e-series sized) light with QTC and a rotating push-tail switch like the mountain series only capable of being turned to lock the output in position. ie...push the tail switch to activate then turn it for constant-on at that brightness level. That would be a revolutionary tactical light, again imo.

Great idea! Maybe something like a piston drive with QTC in the head area?

traumerei

Newly Enlightened
Like everyone else

Titanium
Pocket clip (there's a custom Ti one for the Eiger but it doesn't work properly with newer lights with QTC and momentary)

Specifically I would love a 2xAAA Ti Eiger with plunger, better QTC, 119/219 emitter, pocket clip, and maybe knurling/milling for Trit inserts. I'm pretty much thinking of a Preon 2 but with Peak's bombproof and cutting edge quality.

rgc

Newly Enlightened
I love my brass Peak Pacific, 12 good hours on a single AA. What would I like (besides a Pacific in aluminum) would be another single stage Peak AA with about 30 lumes and a very long regulated run time. The longer the better. I'd get at least a couple in aluminum and anything in copper might be cool too.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I love my brass Peak Pacific, 12 good hours on a single AA. What would I like (besides a Pacific in aluminum) would be another single stage Peak AA with about 30 lumes and a very long regulated run time. The longer the better. I'd get at least a couple in aluminum and anything in copper might be cool too.
What about an older El Capitan without QTC in level 3 or 4.

Norm

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to get Curt to do a copper light for a few years now. Apparently, copper is hard on the tooling, takes a long time to machine, is soft, and expensive... Basically the answer has been no.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I had an unnamed vendor contact me back when I started this saying to be on the lookout for copper Peaks. ;-)

KeeblerElf

Enlightened
+1 for the evolution of the way the lights ramp.

+1 for pocket clips.

I would also like to see an 18650 offering with battery adapter kit - basically a more flexible version of the Logan 17500 and its kit.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see pocket lights include a good pocket clip and 2 or 3 brightness levels controlled by a chip instead of QTC.

I have owned several Peak lights, but stopped buying them when Peak started using QTC technology.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
FWIW, the new copper Eigers are what I was eluding to in post #5 of this thread. I had all but given up hope that this would finally come light. It's nice to see that Peak is still alive and kicking.