What on your belt/pocket right now?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
LX2, Gerber recon, Leatherman wave, Gerber covert.

Love a nice Gerber. The quality to price makes it so they are used with no remorse, but still hold up to the abuse.
People edc knives that are show pieces sometimes, and I just can't see cutting through a heavy gauge wire with a $600 knife. When I carry my vintage cs tanto, I only feel like it's for emergency. When I carry a simple Gerber, Kershaw etc, I'm more inclined to put it to work.

yearnslow

Enlightened
Love a nice Gerber. The quality to price makes it so they are used with no remorse, but still hold up to the abuse.
People edc knives that are show pieces sometimes, and I just can't see cutting through a heavy gauge wire with a $600 knife. When I carry my vintage cs tanto, I only feel like it's for emergency. When I carry a simple Gerber, Kershaw etc, I'm more inclined to put it to work.

True, but I hope I don't have to put it to work! The leatherman is the utility, the Gerber is for 'emergencies'. :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
a2a5a6a7.jpg

I've sharpened this on my stones about 1000hours lol.
2e6evuna.jpg

For work. ^^^^

For show/emergency
ady7a6um.jpg

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on which pair of pants either a Streamlight Microstream (V2) or a Streamlight ProTac EMS. Those are my two EDC lights. If I need something more I can get out my Nitecore EA4W or my Lumens Factory Seraph 6. If I need a really big gun to reach out and touch someone there is always my Nitecore TM11, altho that is pushing the concept of 'belt light' about as far as it can go.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Thanks Tmack I might have a talk to you later in your thread in the laser section...cheers.

High powered lasers seem cool. The ability to melt or set fire to things at a distance with a handheld, battery powered device is very futuristic. But once you get one, and realize viewing one or even a good enough stray reflection can cause instant blindness without appropriate eye protection (usually goggles or glasses tuned to a particular small frequency range) it can be sobering or even creepy. Relegating use to windowless rooms wearing goggles that make the beam much less impressive and worrying about any person or pet entering the room potentially loosing thier vision unless protected can make it a whole lot less fun. But it can still be very cool if used safely.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
A hand made fixed blade knife in o1 steel and ironwood handle shaving sharp and a solarforce l2p with tactical forward click and p91 run off two Aw 18350

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
bavynuhe.jpg

Here's my first hand made blade.
Got my forge a month ago, and I'm really having fun.
1095 carbon steel, with California burl handle.

Still need to do some finish sanding on the blade.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blade looks pretty good though. Especially if you've only been doing it for a month. I didn't make mine(I'm jealous) was made by a member from blade forums. I've been happy with it. I'mquite an accomplished sharpener and have a small business dowing so but eventually would like to get into making them

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a series of pretty mice stones recently too.

Some Japanese whetstones ,
And some really nice soft and hard Arkansas stones.

That hard ark really does make them shaving sharp.

Yeah got myself a forge, and anvil, (among a ton of other tools) and hammered away.

I think if you are a sharpener, you'd really enjoy making your own

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Japanese stones did you go with? I have an incredible amount. Lol. My dear wife just shakes her head at me when I get a new brick in the mail. "buts it's for my business hunni!" I like genuine Arkansas stones and have a few but they're just too slow for me. I also use a sharpening belt sander with grits all the way to 4k

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
aha4ujaz.jpg

Are these any good?
I can tell you, they remove so much faster than the ark. For some blades I don't need a flawless edge I'll just use the 800grit and 1000. But my good knives, I spend a good amount of time with each stone.

Are you a water guy, or oil?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water on all my stones. The king 800 is a pretty decent stone. Not sure why you also got a 1k. Didn't need anything else until 2-3k really. Plus I don't like the king 1000! As you get into knives and Waterstone more you'llget more and find out what you like. We really went off topic here. Lol. Pm me if you want to talk more about sharpening and knives. I can spend hours on the subject..... Got a bit of a problem!

ritzone

Newly Enlightened
Currently a Nitecore P12, Leatherman Crunch, CRKT Ignitor (probably my favorite edc blade of all time), Fenix E12 in my pocket. For multitools, my favorite edc's are probably my Leatherman Surge w/bit kit or SOG Powerlock. The Crunch is just in my current rotation. Leatherman Wingman is pretty cool if you want pocket carry. And I need a new sheath for both my surge AND SOG. I use the heck out of my MT's (ive been collecting MT's/knives for quite a while, just now starting on flashlights).

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in love with the fit. I have long skinny hands. Even with my pinky through the whole, it feels like it's tailored made for me.

y9ehezam.jpg

So natural. This is my preferred grip from 21 years of tanto training.

Last edited:

Quoddy

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD01 at the bottom of my left front pocket (for some reason I find the clip annoying if clipped in). Hinderer XM-18 3.5 is always clipped into my right front pocket.

Latest posts