What takes CR2025 batteries?

6thtexas

Newly Enlightened
I have 15 Sony CR2025 batteries that were shipped to me by mistake. What are they used for? I don't have anything around here that takes them.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 15 Sony CR2025 batteries that were shipped to me by mistake. What are they used for? I don't have anything around here that takes them.
Tiny LED lights. Try making one of those lamplighter things? Cut off one leg of a 5mm LED, solder on a 5 k-ohm resistor in its place, and tape this to a 2025 cell and goop it in with epoxy.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the 16s, 25s and 32s that I use in some of my watches.

I think that's where they find most of their use. The three are about the same size and voltage, but differ in their thicknesses.

Chris

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started stocking cr2025s as they are very popular for powering all manner of ultra-thin, small form factor, card style remotes for boom-boxes, portable multimedia players, etc.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My four Liteon DVD Recorder remotes use them.

You could probably also use them in those keychain torches, that use CR 2032 x 2

I use CR2016 in those.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
A remote for my sony portable dvd player takes one, my casio digital watch I think uses one, the clip on led lights for glasses use two of them each I think.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Polar Wearlink Bluetooth heart rate transmitter for my smartphone (nokia n8) uses those batteries.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
My portable DVD player remote + mini air conditioner remote both use CR2025. I also once owned an old Casio watch that used a CR2025, I believe it was one of those '10 year battery' watches.

More modern Casio watches (e.g. g-shock, waveceptor) seem to use CR1620 or CR2016.