What to do with old Surefire Incandescent Flashlights?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm revisiting this issue since I am still unsure what to do.

I don't recall the value of these flashlights or how much I paid for them but it looks like the LED Drop ins will run about $90 each. Not sure it's even worth upgrading.

Does anyone know the value of these 3 lights (M6, A2, C3) in mint condition, basically unused with all original boxes and manuals?

Thanks

You've gotten a lot of great advice above :)

These particular lights remain collectible, very much so if in mint condition (including original packaging).

A search of the MarketPlace will reveal current market value ....

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Hi,

I have not used several of my Surefire flashlights in years (M6, A2, C3, etc..).

Can someone tell me if I can drop an LED into these easily or should I just sell them? Will I get a decent price if I sell?

I don't have the time to dedicate to this hobby so I will just hold on to a few LED lights instead? Everything else just sits in my drawer.

Thanks,

Neil
PM sent

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
M6(Or other M-series except M1,M2/ whatever bezel accepts MN-xx bulb): Yes, tower drop in like Malkoff MD10
C3: A simple P60 drop in will do, from $10 to $1xx
A2: Maybe yes but its gonna be VERY TOUGH, it requires driver replacement and maybe enlarging of hole of reflector, which couldnt be done by amateurs IMO

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yes, there are a variety of drop-ins. Though haven't seen one for the A2. Considering what it is, it wouldn't make sense trying to convert it to LED. For the M6, check out Gene Malkoff's site. I still have one. Made it better by going with a rechargeable inca. set-up. 3x17670 battery-carrier from our own mdocod, coupled with the Lumens Factory rechargeable lamp for the M6. Output is actually brighter than the stock SureFire set-up. As for lights along the lines of the C3, C2, 6P, 9P, etc. you have a plethora of different LED options.

You can definitely convert the more popular inca. SureFire models to LED. Though if you'd rather not invest more into these lights, there's always the options of selling them or just keeping them. I don't use my M6 on a daily basis. It's there "just in case." In fact the last time I used my M6 was in stock form near the end of July 2010. And that was when I got together with another CPFer to test out a bunch of different lights. So, the costs involved in running it aren't excessive at all.

Latest posts