What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
On The Road i3

It's a miniature zoomie. Same size and shape as an Olight S10, but it has an aspheric lens on sliding bezel and a tailcap clicky switch.

I'm quite impressed with this light. Much better build quality than the typical cheap budget zoomie. This one has a glass lens and flawless anodizing. I upgraded mine with a FET driver and XPL HI Emitter (4000K 5A2 tint). On turbo mode it outputs over 20k LUX in spot mode ... not bad for such a tiny light.

markr6

Flashaholic
I haven't purchased anything for a while. But I placed my order for the Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus because I just had to. High CRI!!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK Design Labs PK-PL2 - Looked good, price was right, wanted to see if he had GHST in consumer/flashcrazy lights. It's really nice. Keeper!

Zebralight H600Fw MkIII XHP35 - for an XHP35 sample

Zebralight H600Fd MkIII - for Hi CRI 5K EasyWhite LED Example

Zebralight SC5Fd - I don't really know, nice AA light though.

Zebralight SC62w - backup, to the backup, as it is reaching EOL and was discounted. I will always be happy with this light even in another 20 years because it's just good enough really. a Classic Masterpiece.

Zebralight SC63 - I have no idea... wanted to see what they had done I guess... I could live without it.

Zebralight SC600w MkIII HI XHP35 - Hi Intensity LED example, and checking out the smaller form factor for the SC600. No Regrets! a Keeper!

PK Design Labs PK-PR1 - I always liked single cell lights a small CR123A lights; the PL2 is great so thought I'd try this one.... mistake ...

Nitecore TIP - Like the Tube, SF Sidekick as some stuff I don't like and this one looks better. Got it in regular 360Lumen and 220 High CRI versions. Some will be gifts most likely.

Fenix TK51 - Price OK, Spot and Flood sounded like a great Car light. Mixed feelings... I mostly prefer TK35/TK35UE lights for the car since I have a EDC for flood... but outdoors it was impressive, a little heavy

I had not bought new lights in a while really... a couple more to go and I'm done for quite a while again.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium Innovations Illumina Ti for my keychain light.

Why? Because I've searched for YEARS and STILL can't find a keychain light I like and after carrying one of these for a few years and having it finally die a year ago, it's the closest thing I can find to my perfect keychain light. And BJ had them on clearance for about half what I paid for the first one.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Thrunite TN40vn Spec 4 modded by vinhnguyen54 because I don't have any XHP35 HI lights. Oh, and because it puts out 8,700 lumen with 500,000 lux 😆

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Last LED purchase:
VvklVZol.jpg

Why... see if it's any good, and to experiment....

Unfortunately, the inside diameter of the tube is too small for 26650 cells :( But it will run off of two protected 18650 cells in series!!!!!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Lenser M14X because I have always been curious about the advanced focus system and its a 650 lumen light that is regulated and has multi mode options. I want to see how good the variable focus is out the M14X bigger than usual Lenser head.

as for the poster above with the new ML300L the light is specifically designed to run off alkalines. Just throw 3 fresh D cells in it and that will give you optimal performance for the light. Ive got 5 of the new 3rd Gens and learned alot. Also 2x18650 will blow the emitter.

Last edited:

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Fenix E15 (2016). My previous E15 had survived for a fair few years before I lost the damned thing so I wanted a replacement for my key ring. I was going to get the E12 but that was out of stock at the time so I grabbed the E15 instead.

The E15 will be a primarily daily light so I can save the PD35 Tac for when I need a lot of light.

Last edited:

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
The last light I bought, was a Nitecore EA41... Just because I wanted something that would run on easy to obtain NiMH batteries... Getting LiIon cells either cheap, or of decent quality, are both tough in this neck of the woods.... Local vape shops appear to offer xxxFire cells at grossly inflated prices. The EA41 is a great light, and it's easy to feed!

My Olight i3 is looking quite tattered, so it's up for replacement soon... Alas, I was just going to order another one as it has served me well, but the new model is single output instead of the 3 level of my old one. I guess it's going to be a Fenix E05 instead. Solid hole for hanging from a split ring, and half decent output. I don't need a searchlight on my keyring, just something AAA and decent, so I don't grope around in the dark when I don't have my HDS with me. I've found lights like the ARC AAA and Fenix EO1 a bit shy on lumens for those times when I'm caught looking for something in twilight rather than in pitch black conditions where the ARC/EO1 would be enough.

I've been away from this forum for a while, but I'm glad I've found the time to come back.

Regards

Christian

chaosdsm

Enlightened
as for the poster above with the new ML300L the light is specifically designed to run off alkalines. Just throw 3 fresh D cells in it and that will give you optimal performance for the light. Ive got 5 of the new 3rd Gens and learned alot. Also 2x18650 will blow the emitter.

It's the ML50L 3x C cell light. I have plans for the body & they don't include the emitter that came in the flashlight, so having it being over driven isn't an issue for me. Thermals are much lower than I would expect from such a high voltage. Have run it on high mode for several hours & exterior of the light never gets more than about 95F and the emitter itself maxes out around 150F at the emitter surface, though the junction temp could be significantly higher.