What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
C cell I apologize. Using it as a host eh? What do you plan on doing with it? I was thinking of using my ML50LX as a host for an XHP35 HI project

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't posted anything in this thread for years. Times flies...
Last year I purchased a Nitecore EA11 from Going Gear(was at Blade Show). It's in my jacket pocket. Why? 900 lumens with the correct battey and can use AA batteries.
This year I purchased a MecArmy PT16 from Going Gear(once again while at Blade Show). I carry it IWB on a lanyard. Why? I liked the 3 led's and USB rechargeable. Instant access to low, high and strobe.
I purchased an Invoa Xp a few weeks ago and it is in my right front pocket. Why? Had a $10 off coupon.
I have a Olight S1A I am "testing"; more playing. It is attached by the clip to my belt loop. Why? Asked to review it.
I bought a Quark Smart QSL and it's on the way. Maybe be here this weekend. Why? Because it is smart.

Right now I am looking at a Nitecore P10, TerraLUX TT1-EX, and a Klarus XT2C sitting on my Amazon wishlist. Why? The dual buttons have me wanting one. I want a K.I.S.S. light for immediate action. I want to be able to hit a button and get High, another button for strobe. :)

Last edited:

chaosdsm

Enlightened
C cell I apologize. Using it as a host eh? What do you plan on doing with it? I was thinking of using my ML50LX as a host for an XHP35 HI project
I'm thinking one of these two emitters:
XHP70A-01-0000-0D0UJ450G - 90CRI, minimum luminous flux 1120 @ 85C, 5000K CCT
XHP70A-01-0000-0D0UK40E2 - 90CRI, minimum luminous flux 1290 @ 85C, 5700K CCT

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
XHP70 wow going for broke! I have a 4000 lumen XHP70 Mag project being done. Had to de dome the XHP70 to get rid of the donut hole in the middle of the beam as well as the dark cross in the beam from the quad die. It is now an artifact free laser. I got the 5000k variant like my tints warm. You are going to need a hell of a heat sink. The one in mine is a big chunk of copper that works really well.

ven

Flashaholic
Is yours done now CC? Worse case if it still not perfect, the slight OP reflector will iron it out. Stll now i will say my k60vn has the nicest all round beam, slight OP reflector, de-domed xhp70 so 4500 OTF lumens and 200kcd..........amazing all round light. I too like my 5000k CC, nice colours but still plenty bright, great happy medium imo.

cp2315

Enlightened
A nitecore MH20GT arrived a few days ago which I like a lot. Bought this one because I love my MH20.

A bored surefire 6P with McClickie and Pflexpro Drop in is coming in the mail. I am very impressed by the quality of my existing 6P and pflexpro drop in. Now I want a complete light from Randy himself.

markr6

Flashaholic
A bored surefire 6P with McClickie and Pflexpro Drop in is coming in the mail. I am very impressed by the quality of my existing 6P and pflexpro drop in. Now I want a complete light from Randy himself.

Oh man I've added one of those to the cart about 20 times now. Literally! Over the course of about 9 months, I kept backing out. One of these days maybe.

lars-atx

Newly Enlightened
bought some hosts and drop-ins to experiment with long (200m+) IR support for NV devices.

Hope they show up before the long weekend. :grin2:

-lars

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
A nitecore MH20GT arrived a few days ago which I like a lot. Bought this one because I love my MH20.

But... Er... Pflexpro drop ins do use 4500Hz PWM. That's why I had to filter them out in my selection.

Theoretically any PWM is deadly if you work with machinery -- wildly rotating parts may look static if their RPM is a multiple or equal to PWM frequency.

Here you may see this effect:

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES! My 4000 lumen XHP70 de dome arrived today!! 6 modes with memory. This thing is so bright it hurts to look at it on max. Despite the de dome there was still a small hole in the middle of the hot spot. Luckily I have several smooth and OP aluminum Mag reflectors with cams that you can unscrew. I bored out one of the OP reflectors to 18mm and all is good now. Man this thing is a cannon! Love the 6 modes. Tint looks the same 5000k it was with the dome but hey Im still pretty happy with it. Its actually brighter than my L6! I love this much power plus six modes with memory!

As for the last LED light I purchased it will be here tomorrow an LED Lenser M14X 650 lumen 4xAA. I just could not hold back anymore. The Lenser is regulated and has a bunch of mode options. Cant wait to see how well the advanced focus system works out of one of LED Lensers largest heads. Damn thing was expensive thats for sure.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was on the Pflexpro website today.

akhyar

Enlightened
Have been EDCing this light for the past 2 weeks.
Blackwater SR71 in brass.
Nice built quality and finishing, but dreadful UI.
The brass has "patinaed" nicely after some usage.

image_zpspryalvxc.jpeg

Still thinking if I should get the Klarus G20 with XHP70 from the group buy

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light. I'd love a triple in a small light like that. Blackwater seems to want to call their Brass version Copper. I'd really like this light, but it looks like the UI is a deal breaker.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light. I'd love a triple in a small light like that. Blackwater seems to want to call their Brass version Copper. I'd really like this light, but it looks like the UI is a deal breaker.

Have you looked at the MecArmy PT16?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TIP - because I like the concept behind the tube, but a 5mm LED just does not cut it in terms of light quality, so the TIP should have been very nice, with a great output for a keychain light. Not a complete mistake as it has a very nice beam for near field use, pretty well built, and inexpensive; especially on sale. The big bust for me is the UI, as with all tools performance and UI are important. I can use it, but I just think about how a great opportunity was lost. It will likely be popular as it seems few really care about great UIs, and good for non flashaholics maybe which should like the USB rechargeable feature if the battery holds up.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Lumintop Tool Ti (Titanium), 2 of them... Why? Because they were being offered at 50% off on Gearbest with a discount code (someone mentioned it on CPF)... I jumped at the opportunity to acquire a titanium AAA light with a Nichia 219B emitter...

Like this light a lot... I basically use it as a single mode light (comes on in Medium)...

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPORTAC Triple Nichia 219B P60 drop-in:

Because all other options either discontinued or being sold in US only with delivery price to Europe twice the price of SPORTAC drop-in itself.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my LED Lenser M14X and boy...it sucks! Its beam profile is rough and uneven. The flood beam albeit large has a big ring around it. The light does have a LOT of mode options though. My cheap Coasts have better beams. This one is going back.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PL-2's as Christmas gifts.

Wife snatched #8 (top one)
Mine is #9 (bottom)

#10 & 11.

1-4 were silver, 5-7 were black.
One silver went to my lab to see what makes them tic. It came out still working but looking battle fatigued... oh, and sometimes gets stuck in low. lol

I'm keeping 1 of each nip. The rest will be gifted.

The voices keep whispering about some of Streamlights new stuff lately. But after carrying the portable PK's a while... everything else seems like D sized Maglites anymore.

Time for a few more incans I suppose.

Last edited: