What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

cowboyd

Newly Enlightened
Jet I pro v3.o warm tint why because I could.......no not true my sickness made me.

hello my name is **** and I am purchase free for six months!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK11 R5.

Buddy of mine recently bought his first handgun and I took over a couple lights just for a show and tell kinda thing. I had pretty much stopped buying lights around 2007 at which point I was perfectly content. My main tactical light was a modded Streamlight TL2 LED that had been measured at 82 Lumens. Did everything I needed, plenty of brightness, comfortable... flash forward to a couple weeks ago... I was doing some research on which light(s) I'd recommend to my buddy and a few lights caught my eye and I settled on the TK11. This will be a gun-use only light so I pretty much just want max power. The interface seems pretty foolproof and I much prefer the program-ability of the TK11 to the 'many modes quickly available' of the TK12.

And I got a higher output P60 type drop-in and a bunch of new Li-Ion batteries while I was at it.

I hate and love this place equally.
nana.gif

In my defense, it has been over a year since my last light purchase, a Fenix LD01 to replace my VERY well used LOP SE.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Peak Eiger AAA/10440 Cool/Wide in level 6. It took me a while since I had a bad experience with waiting over a month to receive a light from them I canceled my order. Hopefully this will not be the case the second time around.... crosses fingers....

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered an Arc-AAA 5.5 lumen AWS-NAT on Friday. Hopefully it will be here this coming week. My friend Flying Turtle has one, and so many people here have talked about them.....that I just had to have one when I found they were still available. It will make a nice pocket or key chain light.

Last edited:

mggm

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Fenix LD01 SS R5(special edition) as a smaller EDC.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Recently I got a Sunwayman V10R Ti, and the Ti AA extender, and then got one of kuku's Ti clips for it. Really a nice little EDC. Also got a JETBeam RRT-0 R2 in neutral from over on the marketplace. Wanted to see how these two compared to the Nitecore IFE1 I already had. I like the V10R control ring best but the detents and 4 preset outputs of the RRT-0 makes it a real close second, especially with the neutral tint. All in all, I'd have to say of the lights I own with the "control ring" interface, I like the V10R Ti best.

scotto

Newly Enlightened
I've been bitten by the bug pretty badly. I lost my LED Lenser Tactical Focus on the train last week and have replaced it with a TK21. Then when ordering batteries from another website, I "accidentally" ordered an E05 ;) Will be restricting myself to stuff I can every day carry though... at least for now.

Last edited:

Greenmando

Newly Enlightened
My wife is a flash light hoarder like myself and does not say a word when a new light appears. My last purchase was a year ago, bought 3 MTE SF-15's. I like the 18650 batteries and they work great with Cree 5 leds. My only regret on these three are the 5 position switches. I do not need a SOS or strobe function, at least it works with one click. My wife uses hers daily at work, she also carries a led black light for positioning equipment in the dark on florescent markers.

Klingsteve

Newly Enlightened
I got an EagleTac T20C2 MII because it's incredibly bright with the XM-L emitter. I love the fit and finish - some of the best I've ever seen in any light. What also tickled my fancy was the drop-in replacement modules. I can change this thing into several different lights. You should really think about an EagleTac. It's one hell of a versatile torch. I'm done buying lights for awhile, that's how happy I am with this thing. And while I'm at it I'll put in a plug for Illumination gear. They have a wide variety of modules and I had the thing in 3 days. Tod is fantastic! :party:
- Steve

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
You folks may find my selections interesting since I was away from CPF since last fall, and these are what I picked as the best of the new lights.

Even though there are several to tell you about, I will list the first one below as the "last" one I bought.

ThruNite Neutron 2AA Neutral XML
  • Neutral Tinted XML
  • Floody
  • Compact
  • Very competitive output and runtime
  • Takes standard AA cells
Now, here are the others in no particular order:

ThruNite Catapult V3 Neutral XML - Good upgrade from my current throwers.

SunWayMan V10R Titanium - ABSOLUTE LOVE - I had to get a second one as a shelf queen/backup, so I can carry this one frequently without guilt. Now I'm getting the AA extenders for both.

JetBeam RRT-0 S2 (Infinite) - I have been waiting for these to get better and they are finally seemed good enough to bite. Turns out, I don't like the it compared the SunWayMan for multiple reasons. I bought the D11 Ti clip because Jetbeam never got the clip right. I keep getting unintentional SOS when changing brightness.

47's MiniX123 - Wished I hadn't, only a smidge better than the Mini123 I already had, spec sheet that came with the light show much less runtime.

Fenix E05 R4 - I've always loved a small, simple AAA light with long runtime and floody beam. I have to give one a try.

Romisen RC-29 Focusable Neutral R4 - I enjoy having at least one focusing LED light in my arsenal. I sold my modded coast some time ago, and this looks like a good replacement.

Last edited:

RonReagan

Newly Enlightened
Decided to try neutral tints so I ordered a zebralight sc31w. I also snagged a Fenix PD31 for the family in case of power outages or general tasks.

Waiting for Henry and the new CRI run.

BikerTrash

Newly Enlightened
First was a Surefire G2 LED, and I was quite surprised at the brightness. The addiction started, and shortly after I got on the waiting list for a Malkoff device for my 4D Maglite, which was worth the wait! Now I am craving some titanium!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a C2 I won on the 'Bay.

Why? Because I've been coming here off and on (a LOT of 'off') for 8 years and I always thought a C2 would be pretty sweet so... I got one.

For now, I have a spare $18 Lighthound single level P60s but I think I'll get one of those Linger Specials before too long.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered one of the new Peak Eiger AAA/10440's Power level #1. I have become interested in small AAA single low lumen output lights. I think I can thank Carrot and his contest for that. I just ordered an Arc-AAA 5.5 lumen AWS-NAT on Friday also. And, I just got an Fenix E01 from REI last week on sale for $9.00. I usually want the highest output multi-level lights that I can get, so I guess this is just a new part of my flashaholic obsession. I think they will be nice additions to my collection.

Last edited:

Derivepower

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a couple of Novatac Storms from Battery Junction mainly because of the price --- $40./each.
Also because you can program them the way you want them with the 250 click method. They are a nice light for the price..

HIDblue

Enlightened
Jetbeam BC10...because for only $35 you get a great little pocket EDC light that puts a ton of light out on an AW RCR123, has a nice beam/tint, simple hi-low UI, great forward clicky, a pocket clip and good build.