What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

lateralus180

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase was this morning. I bought a Zebralight SC51c because I like the idea of an 85+ CRI light with a neutral tint. I have the Zebralight SC600 and I like the looks, feel, and especially the electronic switch with the UI.

I also placed an order for the new run of HDS EDC High CRI 120 lights -- because they are ******* awesome!!

bodhran

Enlightened
Zebralight SC600w is on it's way. I have the regular 600 and like it a lot, but I've always prefered a neutral or warm. Only recently have I tried Zebralights and this will be my third. Great light but the thing that really got me hooked was the UI.

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
LensLight TAD Gear Mini and Stinger. Liked the ability to focus the beam and the use of rechargeable cells. Something different from my Surefire and HDS lights.

T45

Enlightened
Just bought a Surefire 6P LED. Why? Because it was $40 :)

I just bought a Surefire 6P BK from the Boy Scouts of America close out sale for $25 and at that price, it was just plain irresistible! Now I have 3 6Ps
buttrock.gif

momoaz

Newly Enlightened
The last LED I bought was an E2E which I am upgrading to LED. I have some strange attraction to Surefire after buying my first Aviator and have used it many times in the cockpit and on preflights. Its amazing how you wonder ho w you ever lived without such a useful tool.

Xacto

Enlightened
I just bought a Surefire 6P BK from the Boy Scouts of America close out sale for $25 and at that price, it was just plain irresistible! Now I have 3 6Ps
buttrock.gif

Wow, I am jealous. At that price, I would have got four (more to the ones I already have).... at least.

Cheers
Thorsten

Mr_Zombie

Newly Enlightened
Purchased my first HDS this week. HDS custom rotary w/black bezel, high CRI and flush button. Why? Because you all talk so highly of it.

MrLi

Newly Enlightened
Just bought myself a Eagletac P100A2 neutral white and Eagletac P20C2 mk2 with XM-L T5 neutral white.

Why ? P100A2 is going to be car-duty, and the P20C2...just cause i wanted more neutral color lights lol.

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
I purchased them both on the same day, a SF M3 Combat Light because of Nostalgia and a Dereelight DBS because of throw (aspheric) and the ability to upgrade, plus the second head with the WD tint LED looks awesome and it is no slouch in the throw catagory either.

Viper715

Enlightened
Well not a purchase but a trade.
I just received a Kroma Milspec.
Why? This has been my grail light, I have always wanted one if for nothing else the novelty but it's always been out of my grasp. Also I will use every mode so thats less lights I will have to carry.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
At it again - sold a couple, then went shopping:

1-1 Elzetta ZFLM60 with Crenelated Bezel, clicky hi/strobe tail switch, 8 degree Malkoff M60
2 -1 Elzetta ZFLM60 with low profile Bezel, clicky hi/lo tail switch, 8 degree Malkoff M60
3 - Titanium VME head and Malkoff M61 drop in - will use with an existing 2x123 McClicky Pak

Why? #1 - to mount on my AR; #2 - Because I liked #1 so much that I wanted one to carry ; #3 - because I liked the bomb proof Malkoff drop ins so much that I wanted a nice ti light with the Malkoff module!

Gotta love this hobby - obsession!

FullAuto

Newly Enlightened
Elektrolumens Big Bruiser about 30 minutes ago. I just read a thread here that said they were neat.

pellgarlic

Newly Enlightened
Olight I3 because of price, 3 modes, color, and just a good bright EDC light. I am very pleased with it.

olight i3 for me also, but in black (couldn't actually find it for sale anywhere in the uk in color, but i would probably still have gone for black anyway =) )

i bought it to replace the itp eos a3 i recently managed to foist upon my girlfriend (i've been trying to convince her she should carry a torch "just in case" for ages, but she's always resisted - the diminutive a3 is unintrusive enough that when i added it to her car key-ring, she didn't feel it necessary to take it off... that's as much of a "win" as i can expect =P ).

both the itp a3 and olight i3 (being "siblings") are great little lights, great for flashaholics and perfect for non-flashaholics. i prefer the olight i3 for its tail-standing capability over the itp a3 version, so it was actually a welcome opportunity to upgrade =P

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just had to try a ThruNite Ti today. It was calling to me and I couldn't resist. And they're pretty cheap. Well built, great low, and an almost neutral tint.

Geoff

Spypro

Enlightened
What: Dereelight DBS V3 R2 1.5A + aspherical head + 18650 extender.

Why: long distance spotting around the house (many fields where unwanted people like to do troubles...), impress friends and a nice add-on to my collection.