What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

jondotcom

Enlightened
Nitecore D11.2 because I'm addicted to flashlights (and really like my ex11.2). I actually didn't want to do it :).

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Here is my list of next puchase candidates. Anyone have expierence with any of them?
Lumintop L1C
Shining beam I-mini
Zebralight H-31 headlamp
Zebralight SC600
Night core ex 11.2
Jetbeam BC40
Jetbeam M2S

grayhighh

Enlightened
Peak El Captain x 2. Why ? 1. Never own peak's flashlight 2. I dont have any AA light beside maglite.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Just picked up a couple of Photon Freedom X-light Micros. If your in the market for a keychain light, take a look at these.

They are simpley the best out there. The interface is so simple and sophisticated you have to wonder, why aren't there more lights out there like this? You can get to full high with one click or hold the button from off to ramp up through the brightness range of from on hold to ramp down. Simple and yet ingenious! There are of course strobe and flash modes but you have to want to get to them, not wade through them to get to the brightness settings you are really interested in.

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered 3 Surefires - fury, 6px tactical, and z2x. I have a good number of lights but surefires are my favorites. Love the 6 series. I wanted the fury due to high output great form factor. Other 2 due to UI.

LDGator

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire single stage C3 stainless steel. Purchased out of curiosity and it was AA capable of 14500, stainless steel body, and cheap price. There was no perceivable difference in output between alkaline, NiMH, or 14500. Build quality fit and finish was good. EDCed for about a week and then gifted to a friend.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I used some Amazon credit card points and ordered a new light this morning :) :) (yes, ANOTHER one)

I've never owned a Jetbeam before, so this will be my first - a Jetbeam BC40.

http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/bc40.aspx

It states it puts out 830 lumens. In the candle power forum tests of the light, the output seems pretty close to this in the real world. For $69, it is a good deal.

I considered buying the Eagletac G25C2... Their newest light. Lumens are close, but its $109 for the base 2 cell model, and my favorite vendor doesn't sell on Amazon (so, I can't use my credit card points)

And, the reflector on the G25C2 is just big enough on that one to be almost too big for pocket carry, despite being a 2 cell light (without the extender). So, I wouldn't be carrying it anyway...

This Jetbeam will put out a tiny bit more, and will have a larger reflector head, so output should be a little better.

My daily carry light is my Eagletac T20C2 MK II, so anything I buy now is just to play around with anyway.

For the money, this should be a good light from a name brand :) (and for the money, it's free for me with those points)

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 Klarus XT-11 and 12 extra batteries as gifts and also 8 Thrunite Ti Firefly as gifts

why ? I got an XT-11 and it is a perfect light. small, bright, light, dual-spring, instant strobe for self-defense. I have to hook up friends with some

Thrunite Ti is ideal EDC keychain. aggressive knurling means ez on/off and the .04 lumen is ideal for not waking the
dead when your eyes are adjusted to the dark

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Puchased the Eagletac P20C2 MKII XM-L T6 then put a 4Sevens deep carry pocket clip on it. Why? For my EDC light.

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Yesterday I ordered an Olight i1. I like the form factor and length, only 63.5 mm long or so. Super compact EDC. Almost all of my lights are clickies. Only my Surefire 9p has that twisty tailcap deal. I thought I'd explore a twisty head. I'm waiting to hear from Olight if a RC123 is okay to use in this.

HB021

Newly Enlightened
Lastest flashlights I bought are:

Trustfire X8 because I want a thrower with good runtime.

Yezl T9 because I didn't have an XM-L based light with zoom.

Trustfire TR-J12 5x XM-L because I wanted a bad *** flashlight!

DRY 3x XM-L CW and NW because I wanted a compact light with monster output!

Also two headlights with P7 and XM-L :)

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last one I received was a P7 drop in module that I modded into a 2 D MagLite, using JayRob's layout in LaserPointerForums. I even installed the battery monitor and yes it's very cool indeed! Not much doubt anymore if the light is ready to go, click it on and the monitor tells you what percentage of battery is available. Love it!

The last one I bought was a mod by JayRob converting a 2D LED MagLite into a 1000 lumen stubby using 1 32650 Li-ion Protected cell. Should be just about done with it, can hardly wait!!

The P7 has great spill and a decent spot, but not enough throw...so Jay is using the LED version in hopes of getting better reach to run off those pesky coyotes! :)

Xacto

Enlightened
Surefire 6PL with P60L module for 60 Euro which made the light approx 50 Euro cheaper than the few currently still on offer in webshops and a bargain considering that a single P60L module still retails for 55 Euro.
Saw it while checking some knives in a local gun shop, it came without the packing, but I checked the batteries - original Surefires from 07/2007, rest of the light was clean too. Now I have to decide what to do with it. Maybe I will use it as a sort of R&D light (for locally available lubes) or I will store it in some off place like my parents flat or our basement. Maybe I will put the P60L in an old Suredire 6P OG I recently got.

Cheers
Thorsten

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I got a Fenix TK21 U2 and a TK35 and a DEFT EDC, SR51 I got the DEFT and the SR51 cause I got them off ebay for a price I couldn't pass up.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Klaris XT11 and 4 sevens Malstrom S12, and a XeLED He1UV.

Got the XT11 because its bright (600 lm), with 3 usable levels, and has a great 2 button clicky UI/pocket sized form factor and a nice white light that is good for inspection where color rendering is very helpful.

Got the S12 because I wanted to try their stuff, and it had a 800 lm turbo with strong throw in the range I use, a reasonable lower brightness that was in the range I needed, and it is also pocket sized, but with a slightly off white/sl greenish tint that is good for detail at long range, the other part of what I needed.

The UV light I got because my Inova X5 UV was long in the tooth (2002-ish?) and a stronger replacement was due, its pocket sized, fluoresces what I need, and I was on a light ordering kick.

:D

LGT

Enlightened
A High CRI Quark MiNi 123. What a nice little light. It's much tighter then the mini I bout a few years ago. With that one, changing modes with one hand was a craps shoot. This one goes to exactly where it's supposed to. Whatever change 4sevens made to this light, it works. Wanted an inexpensive high cri, this one did not disappoint my expectations.

Last edited: