What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

John7Boy

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the Olight M2X-UT Javelot is a Fantastic Ultra thrower 850metres plus at reasonable price, even out reaches my Thrunite TN32, which is over three times the weight, size, & battery capacity, not bad for a humble little 2015 Olight. I had been expecting some surprises in 2015 but this one surpassed all my expectations in all UT categories.

Fenix TK70 XML-T6 4xD NiMH, Olight SR95S SBT-70(#1 my top thrower & power still!), Thrunite TN32 3x 18650 (#3), Olight M2X-UT Javelot XML-L2 1x18650 (now #2), Nitecore EA8 Caveman 8xAA NiMH, Thrunite Neutron 2A v2 1x14500 (my top EDC thrower & power), Olight S15 1x14500, Keygos XML-T6 KE5 1x18650, Ultrafire XML-L2 C8 1x18650, Nitecore XML-L2 HC-90 1x18650 (my top headlight),2x XTAR VP2, Maha MH-C808M my top 2 chargers.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
After a few months of thinking, I bought a Fenix E05ss. I basically needed an edc light that runs on a single cell primary so this aaa light fit my needs perfectly.

John7Boy

Newly Enlightened
My absolutely last light pruchase for my own use was a headlight the Nitecore HC90. I'm very impressed with closeup personal map reading red, green or blue LEDs, and the slide switch function on the main XM-L2 emitter with last click turbo for blindingly white light, don't get too close to anyone with this one, or flash yourself unwittingly when taking it off. The light swivels up and down depending on complexity of terrain you are traversing. Very Versatile. But I might have one more regular Flashlight about to burn a deeper hole in my bank balance. Flashaholicism is certainly addictive with only suppression being the $$$$sss!:twothumbs

Olight SR95-UT SBT-70, Fenix TK-70, Thrunite TN32, Olight M2X-UT (both F&E versions), Nitecore EA8, Ultrafire C8, Thrunite Neutron 2a v2, Nitecore HC90, Olight S15, XTAR VP2 x2, Maha MH-C808M

Keeper Oath

Newly Enlightened
I looked around for a new Thrunite TN30 but could not find one, so I bought the one that was listed on eBay. I communicated with the seller a number of times. It's only a couple months old. The light looks as new and comes with three 18650 3400 mha Eagtac batteries. I should receive it this Saturday.

This is my first venture into a light of this class and I'm excited to receiving it. While it's a very high power flood, I don't expect to use it on it highest setting that often. This is a light I plan on carrying on week-end camping trips and hunting trips.

Yep, at my age I'm finally going big high tech. Plus being a retired engineer, I simply fell in love with its serial number. Yep, I'm an old Nerd.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops. Just picked up an Onion Ring with warm-white LEDs, with a Surefire A2 attached to it. :)
But, something's gotta go to fund this.... :(

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
After watching a lot of Utube reviews and looking at a friend's Nitecore P12 I knew I had to have one.Ordered from Amazon and not disappointed.Most of my friends are not into flashlights and are amazed at the amount of throw of such a small light.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Muyshondt Nautilus MkII Ultralight (Pre-ordered). :D
One can never have too many titanium lights.

japudjuha

Enlightened
Managed to pick up a $500 Olight SR-95SUT (price here in AU$) for $130 delivered.
I got lucky on an ebay auction that no one else bid on :twothumbs

kj2

Flashaholic
Managed to pick up a $500 Olight SR-95SUT (price here in AU$) for $130 delivered.
I got lucky on an ebay auction that no one else bid on :twothumbs
Nice add for the collection :thumbsup:
I had the SR95-UT and was amazed every time I turned it on.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question: - Hows the tint?

If you like cool white, the SBT-70 has the best tint ever. Literally. I have a Nitecore TM36vn, which uses the same LED, and I love the beam. Not only is the tint a perfect, pure white, it also has a super clean beam, with no artifacts. Starting with a round die from the beginning makes the difference, I guess. A square die needs an OP reflector to avoid imperfections...but the SBT-70 works great with a smooth reflector.

tm36vn%20k40vn.JPG

The doesn't really show the imperfections of the K40vn (de-domed 6500K XM-L2). The hotspot is pretty darn nice, but the corona is somewhat uneven, and obviously the tint is yellowish in comparison. Whereas the TM36vn corona is minimal, and just about perfectly even and round.

To give you an idea of how intense these lights are...this pic was taken in broad daylight (indoors, but with PLENTY of ambient light, and on a white wall. I'm still seeing spots, just from incidental glances at the hotspots. They are two of my absolute favorite throwers (SR52vn is the third, but the tint on that is not nearly as good). The K40vn is my best de-dome tint of all...but it isn't nearly as nice as the factory SBT-70.

Last edited:

timsatx

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase is the one I just made. I received it yesterday. It is the Thrunite TN12, along with a couple of the Panasonic 18650's and the Nitecore i2 charger. I wanted to step up from the two 47's I have, the Mini ML and the Quark Pro QPL. I was dying yesterday waiting for the batteries to charge. It took about 4.5 hours, then time to play. I took it out lastnight and was impressed with the light output. Inside of 50 yards it really lights things up. Now I want to work on getting a thrower.

Amelia

Enlightened
I just finished ordering a TN32. I want (definitely don't need) a super thrower for fun and "wow" factor. No other reason - it looks like a neat light and I just wanted it.

I've got this flashaholic disease bad! :(

ven

Flashaholic
Boss bought me a convoy m1,have the m2 in 4c flavour and a great well made light,so goes without saying it would be rude not to have its brother..........cooler tint this time though:)

Then ec32vn,now xp-l but cool and not de-domed?????? Well several reasons,i like to have some flood as i need it :laughing: Dont get me wrong,wow throwers are impressive,but serve little use to me in general so dont get much use........Most areas i am in need are not vast expanses of open valleys.......lot more drab :laughing:
A more "normal" throw/spill is perfect,love the xp-l and prefer cool over warm . Loving the pd35 a lot,so the ec32............well other than a lower mode and xp-l,its pretty similar in many ways. I like acebeam as a brand,so simple as that............other than doubling up on the same light(no problem with that either,but as doc said in another thread,i will go for a different light. )

I go throw various stages,lumens,throw,flood,multi leds and cell fed,small down to 10180,all the way back to single 18650 lights which are more "go to" with having enough output for 99% of my uses.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight i3s for a gift. I wanted the smooth threads, the hat friendly clip, and a practical first mode for a nonflasholic. The sequence is 20-85-0.5 with an XP-G2. I am very impressed with the i3s, very light weight, 22 grams with battery, great beam focus, very useful range of modes.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Copper Maratac AAA with diffuser. Doubt I'll keep it...but I couldn't resist trying out my first copper light. The fact that it is supposedly a limited run, and only available for a given time, made the decision for me.

ven

Flashaholic
Copper Maratac AAA with diffuser. Doubt I'll keep it...but I couldn't resist trying out my first copper light. The fact that it is supposedly a limited run, and only available for a given time, made the decision for me.

Weighed this one myself,make a great key chain edc..........all be it a posh one:D Dont know how it would stand against the usual assault of keys though!!

Congrats,look forward to impressions as i value them a lot:)

Latest posts