What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman V11r with 2700k LH351d, because, Warm, High CRI, Floody, Rotary :)

erByfNnl.jpg

mecxjm4l.jpg

Last edited:

Jaxon

Newly Enlightened
The last light I bought,is a fenix e12 v2.
i bought it to replace a e12 v2 that I broke by dropping it on the ground.

markdeerhunter

Newly Enlightened
Last Christmas I got myself a Malkoff Hound Dog 18650 because I wanted one for a long time. I wasn't disappointed.

8Prj8dj.jpg

The new Slate Blue Quarks from Foursevens. One of each. :)

WHY -
They both have a brand new, previously unreleased, 90+ CRI Nichia 319A 4000k emitter.
They're from a great company.
They're both equipped with rechargeable cells; AAx2 and 16650.
They're blue.
They're being offered at a 20% off sale price.
I'm a Foursevens fanboy.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a while, but I think it was the 3-6D Cell Maglite Drop-In LED. After installation I went outside at dusk to test it, and a neighbor who was in the backyard with his dogs was amazed by the increase in output over the stock ancient Mag-Lites we old duffers tend to have around.

I grew up in a household where from the late 1950s any incidents requiring a flashlight meant a trip to the "junk drawer" of the house, and at least half the time the batteries were dead. Having any spare D cells on hand was considered almost lavish. Often the batteries had also leaked; this almost always necessitated the purchase of a new cheap flashlight (and equally cheap batteries), as my dad never bought any other kind. Regardless of the situation, the family flashlights were dim, dismal affairs... a favorite uncle provided contrast with a ribbed, chrome plated "Sears Best" flashlight that always seemed to have fresh D cells - and more expensive ones at that - in it.

Thus my expectations were such that buying the 1980's Mag-Lite in question made me think I had a powerful torch. The Malkoff drop-in kicked it up to where it became no slouch as a flashlight and it remained a decent potential bludgeon for a slowly deteriorating area.

Mr. Cobwebb, your post made me smile. I grew up in the wrong era. Thank you, I needed a decent read today.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The brand spanking new Elzetta USB rechargeable 1AA.

2-E96-C417-2-AAD-46-F0-8-A6-C-B6-B668-D29-F68.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what kind of tricks the company that brought us weapon grade lights that could be disassembled under water and still work or dropped 3000 feet from a helicopter onto concrete and not even flicker. In this case they turned their sites towards a consumer market. So it should prove interesting how Elzetta chose to build a "work" light.

Edit: Later I ordered a pair of 2 cell ML300 LX lights. Urban Gray and Matte Black.
End edit

Last edited:

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Pair of Nicron N7's because... it looked like a good beater light for the car. (Report: Like them on AA's, ordered some 14500's last night to try)

And a Sofirn N40 because... I've never really owned a headlamp but often think "Damn it! This would be much easier if I had a headlamp" and it was a cheap and well rated. (Report: Not here yet)

Today I found my latest purchase in the mailbox! It's a pair of Fenix HL23 headlamps. They're AA powered lights. During one of the Black Friday or Cyber Monday promotions they had them for $26 or so with free shipping! That's the best price I've seen so I jumped. So far I just put the battery in one of them to mess around with it, no in-depth tests or anything but my initial impressions are favorable.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I couldn't resist the r/flashlight hype any longer and I got me a very nice Noctigon K1 (XPL-HI 5000k) a few weeks ago. And I now have an Emissar D4V2 with E21A 4500Ks on order.

And I ALMOST forgot what is probably my LAST Fenix purchase came in the mail today - an E18R. Not sure why I tried another Fenix. I guess the size and looks of this tiny thing intrigued me. I will likely keep this one as an extra backup light. I think from now on I won't spend ANY money on ANYTHING colder than 5000K. I've just grown to HATE cool white!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The designer told me it started out as a JetBeam but they beefed up a few things to make it into an Elzetta.

Memory? Eh, I can take it or leave it. But I do take advantage of the opportunity to keep one on my night stand on low and another in my den on medium.

I just noticed in both photos the serial number is exactly the same. lol

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The designer told me it started out as a JetBeam but they beefed up a few things to make it into an Elzetta.

Elzetta told me that they changed the IC.. but kept some of the features. The modes are the same as the Jetbeam

Solid little lights.

Last edited:

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a emisar d4v2 all copper with 18350 tube, extra floody optic, and with the emitters of the e21a nichia in 3500k rating. I'm curious as to how it will look as ive never owned e21a nichia before. I am excited to test out and film it :)

Bogie

Enlightened
Surefire V1 Vampire in White/IR to go with my V2. Need to get a Red/IR now
254c10bc2c784c93dc0dc48ae5037345.jpg

Last edited:

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
My last LED purchase was a Nitecore Tube to be given to my mother-in-law as a purse/keychain light. She has a couple of flimsy AA incandescent lights and she really needs a decent light. I figure rechargeable will be a good choice, as she can use her phone charger to top it up instead of constantly running out for dollar store carbon-zinc batteries. And it's even a bright NDP orange color, making it easier to find in her purse or on a key ring. Should be here in a day or so, we'll see how she likes it.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already posted this in another thread but I suppose it belongs here. p2x Fury (15/500lm). Was lucky to find a vendor in Europe who still had one in stock since its discontinued. Got it because I already own the Defender version and love the ergonomics. The standard version could be seriously great. I will see if it can be bored to accept 18650. Does anyone know if P60 style drop-ins fit into the p2x?

Last edited: