What was the ONE light that got you hooked...

peterscm

Newly Enlightened
Me started with this one OSRAM Dulux Mini. Yes, I know, it is not LED but my interest get started from this little one:

OsramDuluxMini02.jpg

then followed by this one:

OsramDuluxMiniCombo.jpg

and this one:

OsramDuluxCombo.jpg

also bought some china made LED flashlight. I only get those flashlight when I found it interesting and unique (to me).

now using Jetbeam BC10 as my EDC. Currently owning Olight i6 Paladin, Fenix LD22, E21. Most likely will get Fenix LD41 when it is available.

Last edited:

mpetry912

Newly Enlightened
For me it was an HDS Basic 60, I bought two of them (one for my brother) in 2006. Now I've got 5 or 6 really nice lights (including a couple HDS lights) and put them to good use on an almost daily basis.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK20

Gotta agree. I had a Surefire Z2 for my job and upgraded it with a Surefire LED module. I figured I had the best of the best until I went into a shop and the guy behind the counter showed me a TK20... I was hooked! A light with the power, reliability, and battery life of an LED but with (nearly) the tint of an incandescent? No way! I bought the light immediately and carried it on duty for a couple years until my flashaholism took over completely and I joined the light-of-the-month club. I'm still a high-CRI fan and one of my new favorites is my Surefire 6P with Lumens Factory high-CRI drop-in. Can't beat those neutral and warm LEDs!

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Definitely have to say the old Surefire E2D. Carried that light for over 2 years before i discovered the Surefire U2. I didnt like having to change the bulb every 3-4 months, but it was the brightest light that i had at the time.

Good times.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Surefire G2X Tactical I bought a few years ago to mount on my first AR-15 after seeing the quailty and performance of the surefire I was hooked compared to the elcheapo mini mag lites I had in used the past.:)

Actually that model isn't recommended for weapons mounting applications, just sayn'.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw a SF Kroma in the case at my local shooting range and asked to check it out. Thought it was so damned neat and it made me get online to research more, eventually finding out about the SF Optimus light (never released :( ) which led me to CPF. The ONE light that got me hooked on this hobby though was pics of Muyshondt's Ti Nautilus. As the saying goes, the rest is history...

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
It obviously worked for him, just sayin'. :thumbsup:

:twothumbs Me too! Had a G2 Nitrolon LED on a DD offset mount - never had a problem at the range. The SF G2 actually replaced a Fenix TK10 (EDC) which was my gateway light.

ffoghorn

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD10. And these fora.

When I lost the LD10 I actually contacted FenixOutfitters to find out if they had one (the model had been discontinued) and they had some left and they even checked through them to make sure I got one without a green or blue tint to the light. (I asked)

Love this little guy.

And his new pals: the LD01, the Quark X AA2 Neutral White; the ThruNite Ti, which I got a really good deal on and is on it's way for sure; and the big throwy one I haven't picked out yet. And, well, some others. For stuff.

And I just flat enjoy reading about flashlights.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
It started with the SureFire G2. The super bright (at the time) 65 Lumens got me hooked. About a week later I bought a Z2. And then the LED flashlights arrived!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure, exactly. I bought a 6D Mag around 2004 that sparked my interest in CPF and more modern flashlights. My first 123 light was a Streamlight Scorpion, so I guess you could say that's the one that did it for me. But really, I kept going through a parade of various Surefire incans until I bought a used U2 two years ago. That's the first light I've really fallen in love with.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
One day I had been wasting time on the net and I happened upon a review of the Lumii Raw NS. It was love at first sight. Some how I managed to talk my wife into getting it as a early anaversary gift for me. I'm sure she regrets that :hairpull: It's been all down hill since then. Soo many cool lights to be had! But at least it's not dark going down that hill:twothumbs

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
Maglite Mini Maglite AA back in 1991 which stunned me back then.

Of course things have moved on especially in the last 5 years.

But that is the baby that did it for me.

Burs757

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire 6P was my first high end light. I bought it in 2000 before my second deployment. It went through bulbs fast and batteries faster, but man was it a great light for the time. It now has a revered spot in my military display right next to my heavily abused Benchmade 9050 AFO...