What watch you're wearing?

Buff

Enlightened
Rolex used tritium to lume their watches but stopped i think in the mid to late 90's. And they did not use tubes. My 89 submariner would light up my master bedroom to the point i would have to set the watch face down. Now thats lume to the extreme.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Older model navigator I acquired from family member of USAF
I snagged a Desert Tan variation about 5 years ago. Stumbled onto it being on sale at an online watch shop for about 40% off. Just in the Desert Tan variation though. Still have it, somewhere. Excellent light-weight watch with a fantastic history for that model. Yes, they sold out very quickly.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I snagged a Desert Tan variation about 5 years ago. Stumbled onto it being on sale at an online watch shop for about 40% off. Just in the Desert Tan variation though. Still have it, somewhere. Excellent light-weight watch with a fantastic history for that model. Yes, they sold out very quickly.
They have gone up in price a lot past couple years. I wouldn't pay the prices now days. Chris from windycitywatchcollector is great to deal with and offers them at affordable prices.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_2756.jpeg

No idea what time it is nor do I care.
Sun is up, it's daytime.
Sun is down, it's night time.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still wearing the G Shock DW5600E. Great no worries watch that is accurate. Shows the time in timer and stopwatch modes which is cool. I did have a moment of weakness and offered $40 for a beater Seiko titanium watch which the seller accepted. We shall see if it sticks around.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put a battery into an old Seiko quartz movement titanium watch that my wife gave me about 15 years ago. I still have a gold plated Omega watch that was my dad's (it's one of their cheaper watches from the 1970's). I also have a mechanical Bulova that my wife gave me around the time that she gave me the Seiko. Sadly, I cannot get through the day without the Apple Watch (Series 6) so the traditional watches don't get any wear time anymore. I'll wear the Omega for special occasions and I'll probably wear the Seiko on weekends when I don't need reminders and such. Yeah, I'll start doing that...

Buff

Enlightened
I just put a battery into an old Seiko quartz movement titanium watch that my wife gave me about 15 years ago. I still have a gold plated Omega watch that was my dad's (it's one of their cheaper watches from the 1970's). I also have a mechanical Bulova that my wife gave me around the time that she gave me the Seiko. Sadly, I cannot get through the day without the Apple Watch (Series 6) so the traditional watches don't get any wear time anymore. I'll wear the Omega for special occasions and I'll probably wear the Seiko on weekends when I don't need reminders and such. Yeah, I'll start doing that...
When you get a chance some pictures would be nice.
I like you had several watches i quit wearing because i was wearing a fit bit and eventually when the 2nd fitbit crapped out i took the plunge and got an Apple 5.
I missed my watches so out of the blue i switched the Apple to the right wrist and started wearing some of my regular time pieces.
Yes both wrist are covered as i need the health information the Apple now 7 affords me.
I did eventually start noticing some famous people and celebrities were doing the same thing. Apple on one wrist and a Rolex or other expensive watch on the other.
I've always been a trend setter. 🤪

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you get a chance some pictures would be nice.
I like you had several watches i quit wearing because i was wearing a fit bit and eventually when the 2nd fitbit crapped out i took the plunge and got an Apple 5.
I missed my watches so out of the blue i switched the Apple to the right wrist and started wearing some of my regular time pieces.
Yes both wrist are covered as i need the health information the Apple now 7 affords me.
I did eventually start noticing some famous people and celebrities were doing the same thing. Apple on one wrist and a Rolex or other expensive watch on the other.
I've always been a trend setter. 🤪
Confucius say: "Man with two watches, never know correct time."

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a thing. Google 'double-wristing'.
It won't work for me. I've tried wearing my watch on my right wrist, and it drives me nuts, I can't stand it. IDK, maybe a thinner, smaller watch I could tolerate, but I don't think so. When I'm trying to work on something in tight quarters, my hand gets hung up on the watch, and I have to take it off in order to get my hand where it needs to go. I imagine anyone that has worked on an automobile of any kind knows what I'm talking about. Auto engineers don't give a fella much wiggle room to work on things. :mad:🤬🫢🤫