What watch you're wearing?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you get a chance some pictures would be nice.
I like you had several watches i quit wearing because i was wearing a fit bit and eventually when the 2nd fitbit crapped out i took the plunge and got an Apple 5.
I missed my watches so out of the blue i switched the Apple to the right wrist and started wearing some of my regular time pieces.
Yes both wrist are covered as i need the health information the Apple now 7 affords me.
I did eventually start noticing some famous people and celebrities were doing the same thing. Apple on one wrist and a Rolex or other expensive watch on the other.
I've always been a trend setter. 🤪
imagejpg1_zps0e9ac9dc.jpg

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still wearing the G Shock DW5600E. Great no worries watch that is accurate. Shows the time in timer and stopwatch modes which is cool. I did have a moment of weakness and offered $40 for a beater Seiko titanium watch which the seller accepted. We shall see if it sticks around.
IMG_4699.jpeg

Here's the little titanium Seiko. Easily the most comfortable metal watch I've ever worn. Small by todays standards, but I've never had a problem wearing a smaller watch.

Attachments

• IMG_4700.jpeg
    IMG_4700.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 35

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
It won't work for me. I've tried wearing my watch on my right wrist, and it drives me nuts, I can't stand it. IDK, maybe a thinner, smaller watch I could tolerate, but I don't think so. When I'm trying to work on something in tight quarters, my hand gets hung up on the watch, and I have to take it off in order to get my hand where it needs to go. I imagine anyone that has worked on an automobile of any kind knows what I'm talking about. Auto engineers don't give a fella much wiggle room to work on things. :mad:🤬🫢🤫
I'm with ya on that. A watch on my right arm feels worse than having my underwear on backwards. Or, worse than wearing a seatbelt from the passenger seat. I've worn a seatbelt most of my driving life, since before it was law, and can't even tell it's there when I'm driving, but when I'm riding with someone, having it come from the right side bugs the heck outta me, seems to rub my neck, and I'm constantly pulling at it. Creatures of habit.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I hope not.

I just learned of the Timex Marlin line that had been discontinued then reintroduced. Timex also had a number of Snoopy watches.

Now as you know @Poppy you can be internet researching 3000 year old Egyptian cigarette butts or Roman Catholic bowling trophies and one of the hits will be Amazon sells that too.

Researching Timex/Marlin/Snoopy and viola.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
Nice. Looks like the ceramic bezel, Rolex calls it Cerachrom.

Scratch-proof and the color doesn't fade.
Yep, the new GMTs and the Subs all have ceramic. I have a Sub that isn't ceramic. Of course they fade a little with time.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nice. Looks like the ceramic bezel, Rolex calls it Cerachrom.

Scratch-proof and the color doesn't fade.
I first seriously got into watches about a year before that ceramic bezel craze hit.... and didn't go away. Oh yeah, the bezels look newer, longer. Just don't drop your watch, ever! Especially on concrete. Ceramic has zero give to it. Even the advanced ones. Already know one fellow watch enthusiast who dropped his ceramic-bezel Rolex on the sidewalk. This was a few years ago. So thankfully when his ceramic bezel literally shattered (because that's what ceramic does), he was able to get a very costly replacement for it from Rolex. Guess what's going to happen a decade from now, if he drops it again? Discontinued model, replacement bezel no longer made for it.

No worries, Rolex will be happy to sell you a brand new model. Probably with a bezel made from some other completely ridiculous material that has no business being used on a higher-end luxury watch. And, they'll charge a premium for it. Oh, next year, Mercedes is releasing a new version of their G-Wagon. Lightweight brakes made from aluminum. And for those who aren't into cars, that's the equivalent of releasing a new car model with brakes made from Swiss Cheese.

I first seriously got into watches about a year before that ceramic bezel craze hit.... and didn't go away. Oh yeah, the bezels look newer, longer. Just don't drop your watch, ever! Especially on concrete. Ceramic has zero give to it. Even the advanced ones. Already know one fellow watch enthusiast who dropped his ceramic-bezel Rolex on the sidewalk. This was a few years ago. So thankfully when his ceramic bezel literally shattered (because that's what ceramic does), he was able to get a very costly replacement for it from Rolex. Guess what's going to happen a decade from now, if he drops it again? Discontinued model, replacement bezel no longer made for it.

No worries, Rolex will be happy to sell you a brand new model. Probably with a bezel made from some other completely ridiculous material that has no business being used on a higher-end luxury watch. And, they'll charge a premium for it. Oh, next year, Mercedes is releasing a new version of their G-Wagon. Lightweight brakes made from aluminum. And for those who aren't into cars, that's the equivalent of releasing a new car model with brakes made from Swiss Cheese.
Ironically, aluminum does make a legitimate (albeit aesthetically bland) bezel insert. (e.g. Marathon GSAR) Maybe year after next the Merc brakes will be ceramic.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I was wearing my citizen navihawk with the silicone band, then I took it off and it was sat down on. The silicone tore and band is destroyed. Pity is that the band is 135 bucks, but what can you do, accidents happen.

I was wearing my citizen navihawk with the silicone band, then I took it off and it was sat down on. The silicone tore and band is destroyed. Pity is that the band is 135 bucks, but what can you do, accidents happen.
That sucks also because it's a 23mm band if I'm not mistaken. There are some very nice NATO's out there that would bring out the military nature of the Navi for $30 or so, but very few are 23mm, and none say Navihawk on them. I'm a little surprised that they used silicone instead of FKM fluoroelastomer.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That sucks also because it's a 23mm band if I'm not mistaken. There are some very nice NATO's out there that would bring out the military nature of the Navi for $30 or so, but very few are 23mm, and none say Navihawk on them. I'm a little surprised that they used silicone instead of FKM fluoropolymer.
Soft leather 24mm band should fit. I know what it's like having a favored watch that comes in an odd-number band.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
That sucks also because it's a 23mm band if I'm not mistaken. There are some very nice NATO's out there that would bring out the military nature of the Navi for $30 or so, but very few are 23mm, and none say Navihawk on them. I'm a little surprised that they used silicone instead of FKM fluoropolymer.
Well lucky for me, Citizens parts website has replacements at cost rather than a mark up. Most places want upwards of 200 for the band. I have thought about finding the metal bracelet that they did make for one of the navihawk models. I will replace it eventually, I just had no idea that the torque from someone sitting on it would cause the band to tear like it did. Oh well though, no reason to get angry.