What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the love boat i recall on days watching with my mom then fanasty island she was a night owl and even as a kid i was as well mom had many issues but god i miss her. ps im watching one now and i think to self the guy looks familiar.... it was jefferson from married with children but even weirder latter in same episode i thought the kid looked familiar it was bud from married with children crazy i never knew either was on the love boat much less the same episode!!!!!

Galane

Newly Enlightened
The Love Boat was such a popular show that in New York City while the series was running there was the annual Love Boat Party. Cast members were frequent attendees while the show was on. Town and Country magazine devoted a few pages to the "who's who" that were seen there. I know the party continued as an annual affair for a while after the show ended but I have no idea when the last one was.

IIRC the party wasn't just an excuse to dress fancy and go drinking with high society business and entertainment people, it was possibly a charity fundraiser too.

But trying to find anything online about it has proven futile so I assume the party was over by 1991.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Burn Notice and Quantum Leap.

Forgot to say, Bob & Mr. Show, and MAD TV also... hahaha
Burn Notice had an ending. Could have been better but they did wrap things up. As for a new Quantum Leap? No! Thank you. Didn't they already try a new one with a male Asian "Sam" character? Anyway, I'd expect yet another new one to be Woke as hell. No desire to watch that. Yeah, next week's episode; Sam leaps into the body of a 12 year-old boy who decides he wants to transition. Parents fight it. Saying the child is too young for the surgery. "Sam" finds an attorney to sue the parents. Boy gets what he thinks he wants. Last scene, boy is wheeled into surgery. Episode wins an Emmy award later on.

Sometimes I hate it when my writer's imagination kicks in.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Love Boat was such a popular show....
As popular as it was, I can't recall a single episode back in the day when I watched it every week. It was like Seinfeld.... A show about nothing. All I remember is aging actors and actresses kept making cameo appearances as their careers were just barely above the toilet at that stage.