What's your EDC duo?

_Event_Horizon_

Newly Enlightened
Excellent choices mentioned.
Regarding some of the lights pictured...are those lights actually EDC lights? Some of the items look like safe queens...
Or perhaps the photos were taken back then, when the items were new :).

That's what I'm saying. Doesn't even look like any of those pieces have seen a pocket ever. No lint on anything, including the lanyard. No frays, no tiny scratches, not even a slight wear mark on the pocket clips. Unless that is he's Barney Stinson and suits up everyday. But makes for an award winning pic. Hahaha.

My 2 EDC:
- a 3D mag led
- a wakizashi

schmanto

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Surefire LX2 and a Preon 2 with a warm tint. Sometimes I carry my new Surefire UB3T in my backpack as well. My EDC knife is usually a Victorinox Pioneer or a Cadet in blue alox with a leather sheath. Although I have many other blades these are my favorite knives.

liveris flashlights

Newly Enlightened
I use a lot of flashlights but i always have something like that with me

edcduo.jpg

By liveris at 2012-04-27

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark X running a 14500 on a 1xAA body
Preon Revo SS as a keychain backup
And a Quark Mini AA Ti that rides in my sometimes bag

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently EDC'ing the following lights:

1. Modified Sipik 58 AA sized budget zoomable. My "project light". I've modded this light and have more modifications planned (so far: emitter swapped to XML T6 neutral, driver swapped to 2.8 amp 8x7135, switch and switch boot swapped with spare from ShiningBeam S-mini, small reflector added, copper heatsinking added inside pill below emitter. Spacers added so pill sill ride slightly higher in body to get closer to lens, filed down top of pill and part of the body to allow the head to retract further back and the pill assembly to almost touch the lens, tailcap swapped for smoother one from Sipik 68, all anodozing removed with Greased lightning and external bare aluminum sanded and polished). Once more parts arrive I plan to replace my 3-mode driver with a custom programmed driver, and the switch with an electronic switch. Produces a wide floody spill with almost no rings and a slight hotspot. Able to zoom for medium range spot. Not great for long-range due to small aspheric and big XML though. Running on AW IMR 14500.

2. DQGIII AAA R4 - tiny backup light with beautiful beam pattern, nice tint and long runtime. Running on Energizer AAA.

3. Tiny white LED light built into mini victorinox swiss army knife. Gives new meaning to the word "dim".

Depending on what mood I'm in I might swap the Sipik 58 for my RRT-01 or TCR-01.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to say my duo consists of my Surefire's, but it is my MG S-mini R5 and Sunwayman V10R.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC knife is usually a Victorinox Pioneer or a Cadet in blue alox with a leather sheath. Although I have many other blades these are my favorite knives.

I carry an Alox Cadet too. You can't discount that can opener I've used it a few times. Lights are whatever one is in the vehicle at the time, a Fenix LD25 that's going into a get home bag (also to be stored in vehicle) and a Klarus Mi10 on the keychain that sees most of the action; I really like that little light.

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
Lately mine has been an iTP A3 EOS on the keychain and a bored Surefire 6p with a M60 drop-in or my trusty Surefire E2D Executive Defender with a Veleno 2 mode neutral drop-in.