What's your "grab" light?

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
Re: What\'s your

arc 'aaa' in the wee hours when i have abit of night vision... otherwise inova x5t....

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks to this forum, this newbie bought an Arc LSH; and now it hangs around my neck at night, ready for whatever. But I have to admit that the Streamlight 3AA Luxeon has amazing power, and I tend to grab it if I need more throw.

Sadly, I still have to lug around the 2 million candle Vector to read the stream flow gage on the other side of the river.

When I hear the cougar rustling the salmon berries, my eyes light up and I don't need nothing but feet.

Mattman

Enlightened

My Arc LSH-P with 2AA pack is the normal light I grab when around the house. I have mostly small lights, but if I need something more, I pick up a Pelican M6 as a "I thought I heard something in the back yard" light.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr. Bulk Super Baby Pin or Super LGI are the two I grab most frequently around the bunker or for short runs to the store. I have a standard Infinity with amber LED I use to check the thermostat.

drs2000

Newly Enlightened

Mostly the Micro-illuminator, unless I need hands-free, then it's the Shorelite VX-1. Just got a MM-modified Mm*g, and that's good for more light if needed..

Area light, custom CCFT lantern.
Nightlite, that weird little thing pictured in the MilkyCandle thread. The one that looks like electronic parts on strychnine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bumps in the night, 3D m*g, w/halogen or 5D.

urs, DRS the crazed.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

I have a multiple approach to this. I have a lot of different lights handy around the house and pick the right tool for the job.

If I don't need much light, I grab a $1 key chain light or an ARC AAA.

If I need a little more light, I grab my PALight or EternaLight Derringer.

If I need more than that, I grab the ARC LSHF-P or my MiniMag with BB400. I also have some of ElektroLumens Blasters around and will grab them if they are handy.

For things that go bump in the night, I grab a TigerLight.

And to light up the yard, I grab the 990. I am not showing off, I am conditioning the bulb in the 990...

Tom

Kiessling

Flashaholic

McLux-PR X3T / BB750 on McLux 2x123 tail.
Nothing comes close to that.
Nothing.
bernhard

rlhess

Enlightened

When I'm walking around since the L4 is in my pocket, and it has the PILA battery, I use that.

In the office I use the L4 or the Lambda Illuminator (with lithium AAs)

In the middle of the night, I have a red LED UKE 2AAA by my bed, but I also have a 6D mag with new Xenon lamp, a 3C SL ProPolymer LED and a G2 with KL-3 LED head.

For things that go bump outside my office at home (it has a patio door) I usually grab my TL-3 Xenon.

When traveling, my L6 is on the night table.

Cheers,

Richard

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it is something in the yard I grab my 1,000,000 Vector. No use playing around, just LIGHT IT UP!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
If I'm up in the middle of the night I have my Moon-glo ball. Soothing blue light, doesn't bug anyone.

Blades

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

The light that gets the most use is a MiniMag with a BB750 Lux3 TVOK/ Fraen LP/ mineral glass lens/ Kroll/ NiMh.

I use a ARC AAA Red for moving around the bedroom without waking up my wife.

Mattman

Enlightened

Blades, I forgot about the good old Vector 1,000,000. I got one of those for my brother as sort of a gag gift (since they're less than $15) and it turned out to be a really solid light! I keep meaning to stop and pick another one of those up for myself since they're hands down the best bang for the buck that I've ever seen. Even though I don't have many uses for a heavy light canon like that, it's quite a novelty item. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

L4..grab light, work light, EDC light.
Once I got Pilas for it, I pretty much stopped using anything else.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Re: What\'s your \"grab\" light?

Arc-LS
Arc-AA
Pelican M10 (currently getting the most use)
Everled in Rayovac 2D Industrial
Everled in 2C Maglite
E2e

kfasold

Newly Enlightened

EDC: L4, Arc AAA, E2E w/MN03 LA

Duty belt: 9P [well, an original round 6p w/a19 extender & p90 bulb]
L4 as backup in the back pocket; e2C with P60 bulb if the 9P dies (put onto L4 body for immediate tactical light, pull the A19 & put p60 LA into the then-remaining 6P); also a lexan carrier w/3 123 batteries.

Inside, checking on kids, etc. in the dark of the night -- SureFire 6R w/red lens;

Inside the gun safe, for 'unusual noises in the night' or alarm activation -- SureFire 9Z w/P91 LA;

By the back door for noises in the yard -- Streamlight SL20x w/SL35 bulb & 1/2D 4500 NiMH battery stick.

kf

SockMan

Newly Enlightened

For around the house, I use my Minimag with Opalec Newbeam. I usually don't leave the house when I'm at home, so I rarely need anything brighter. If I did, then I would use my Arc-LS.

As for my EDC: Arc LS and CMG Infinity Ultra.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Arc LSHP is usually in my pocket at all times. At home, if I need to get up during the night I pick up my SL TT-2L, if I need to go check on something going bump in the night it's my Surefire M6.

GregR

StuU

Enlightened

Bump in the night light is Surefire G2Z.

Nightime bathroom light is Palight red. Or CMG Infinity.

Checking car problems is the Surefire E2e.

General around house usage is the Streamlight SL7 4AA or the Streamlight 3C/10 led.

EDC is the Arc AAA and the Arc LSL.

Hands-free repair light is a homebrew headlamp with 4 Nichia 9000mcd, faceted reflector and 4AA.

Filament

Newly Enlightened

Most of the time its one of the kids getting up in the night, and the ARC AA is perfect for lighting up the room without waking the rest of the house up.

For the dirty jobs, going under the house, car work, etc. I use an old SuperSabre that work issued.

If I'm going out for a late night jog, its the G2 with either the P60 or P61 lamp.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Usually my X5t or E1e/KL1 for indoors, else G2 for outdoors. Sometimes both, just because I'm a flashaholic and can't be caught w/o an appropriate light if the need arises! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts