What's your "grab" light?

Bill.H

Enlightened
Re: What\'s your

Always in my pocket:
Arc LS and AAA, easily the most-used.

When I need something more than one of the Arcs for the house or outside, on the kitchen pantry shelf is my Elektrolumens Blaster II and a 5D Mag modded with a 5W LS. I'd consider those my actual 'go to' lights when I am home. I just grab whichever I'm in the mood for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I am away from home, it depends on the vehicle I have with me, in my truck is:
Minimag w/Inretech adapter (console)
Mag 3D (glovebox) (next to be modded!)

And in the wife's car:
Opalec in a Craftsman(Dorcy) AA

My wife and daughters are currently in possession of the Sonic G, X1, TT3C, and the CMG's.
There's also an Energizer dual flourescent, but I consider that a special-purpose worklight, not the 'go to' type.

Any other old lights around the house don't get used and don't count.

BillM

Newly Enlightened

Well... I EDC my LSHP even at home. But my go to light is my Anglelux. As was mentioned before, it stands up, lays down, hangs on a hook, clips to a belt, etc. It's bright enough for most things but not too bright for most things. There is an infinity by the bed, a Blaster III for walks at night and a bunch of others but the Anglelux is the go to light.

Bill

nullandvoid

Newly Enlightened

I guess I'm just not enough of a flashaholic yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I tend to use my edc, which is currently an ARC lsh-s for everything, though until I got that it was an E1e. Unless it's a bump in the night thing then it's the M2 with the 1911. Though I recently also got an eterna light x-ray elite, kind of nice for walking around the house without waking everyone up on it's dimmer settings. However the edc light is definitely what get's the most use.

machulu

Newly Enlightened

My only regular use of a flashlight would be to setup home audio and video equipment. For those purposes, I grab the KL1/E2e combo.

~Stephen

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always grab my Smith and Wesson FL7, it uses a NIMH rechargable battery so I can just toss it on its charging stand whenever and its always charged.

It's MUCH brighter than my 3D mag and is way way way smaller...Don't have any really bright LED flashlights, but I'm very pleased with this one. I have not yet sceen an LED flashlight that can match its brightness, hopefully I'll get one that can soon...Im just skeptical.

Waterproof, rechargable, nice spotlight with lots of spill, shockproof and fits in my hand nicely...

No1 probably knows what the hell im talking about...But its a great little flashlight.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vec 138, it has a little work light and a nice spot. If I hear a "bump", then it's the 4D mag. If I want to go to the bathroom then it's the little Brinkman LED, if I don't want to get out of bed, then it's the forever light.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: What\'s your \'\'grab\'\' light?

My around the house lights are not my EDC. My house grablites are 6 early edition ARC LS's1x123s sitting on their squat little haunches all around my apartment just waiting to be grabbed.

Brightnorm

HesNot

Enlightened

Like Mattman - for most around the house uses I grab my Arc LSH-P with a 2xAA pack full of NiMH batteries. Cheap to run, decent runtime and I have 3 sets of NiMH so there's always a fresh set.

My SF E2e gets stuck in the pocket if I think I'll need more throw (which isn't that often).

Recently for some around the house duties I have been using my SL Twintask 2L - which has been pretty useful, the LED mode isn't as good as the LSH-P and the xenon mode isn't as good as the E2e, but it does give you two usable beams in one package.

Late at night I navigate around the house with an Arc AAA red.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

well. i tried using my Blaster 3 as my around the house light since i read this thread..

figured i'd try something new..

but i found that it was in general just too bright.. it works great from 10 feet away or more.. but within that range the spot of light is sorta blinding.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I have thunk and thunk about how to respond to this.

I just don't have a single grab light. Just last night, I put on a red headlight to go to the can. Sometimes it's a Brinkmann Rebel with a red filter. Sometimes a 3AAA 3LED light.

Just tonight to work on my Sisters TownCar, I used a TEC40, then an X1, then a SL 3AAA 3LED Headlight!

Sitting close by me here at my desk, Mini with Opalec, PM6, Dorcy SteelBright w/3x123 and KPR112, Rayovac 4AA w/NimH and KPR103, and Rayovac Industrial 3D w/EverLed.

It's kinda tough to be me....

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

My "grab light" varies too.

I carry an LSH-P with the high/low Kroll. It's good for everything within 30 feet, including close-up (in low mode). I use it constantly.

When investigating noises late at night I grab one of several 3-D mags. Some have xenon bulbs, one has an everled. All are heavy and intimidating.

When I need to see what's going on a few doors down I grab a Dorcy Spyder or my Pelican M6. Nice tight beam. Neighbor was heard to remark "I heard a car alarm at midnight, looked out the window and saw you were using a searchlight to scan the houses across the street".

And if it's a power outage I get to grab all of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened

I would say the Surge for me, it's powerful enough for everything and I set it to wide focus when I need close-up work. It's also very cheap on batteries, less than $1 per hour. As for walking in the dark at night, my place is very well lit by street lights.

Amplite

Newly Enlightened
Re: What\'s your \"grab\" light?

Used to be UK 4AA, Lately TwinTask 3AA.
To check out the yard Mag Charger or G2

paulr

Flashaholic

Around the house, the McLux next to my bed is my favorite grab light. The form factor, pushbuton switch, flood beam, and ability to light a room by tail standing are all just perfect. Other times, either my Arc AAA that I always have with me, or the UKE 2L that's usually in my bag, or the PT Surge in my glove compartment.

ROYALTO

Newly Enlightened

My usual home grab light: Mag with Opalec Newbeam.

Bump in the night: SF Z2 w/ XD9.

Hands free: Petzl Tikka

Longrange: 2C Mag W/ 3x123 & KPR112

Car: SL TT2L

EDC: ARC LSHF-P & ARC AAA

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I alternate between the X3T/PM6, 3AA Q3J and the MR-X. It is pretty random.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened

Well I don't have many lights but I usually have my M3 with me everywhere I go. So my go to lights would be my M3 and my surge. I have an E2E-HA which I really don't use much and my 6P just sits in my desk.

Thanks

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Today Flashlight

On my car keychain Princeton Tec Eclipse II, X2 Glowring
On my house Keychain : Arc AAA Special Edition
Inside pocket of my jacket : Streamlight Stylus III
Into my portfolio : Arc LSH-P/Surefire L4
In my pant pocket : Glo-toob FX

Tomorrow , I don't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts