What's your Solarforce L2P serial number?

recDNA

Flashaholic
A1537

I likey. Works really well with a Z59 tailcap for forward clicky ability. Still, I like the matte finish on the L2p tailcap. I wish they would come out with HA III black extensions to match the L2p.

Currently I'm trying out my MPP1 head on it. We'll see tonight. Looks like a keeper! Nobody mentions the MPP1 spill. It's pretty nice and of course the hotspot is hot. Have to use a gunmetal 1 X CR123 extension though (running 3 X CR123 primaries). Not crazy about the look.

Last edited:

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
A1327.

Using the Solarforce 3-Mode low voltage drop-in.

The black finish is very cool. The knurling is less "aggressive" than on my L2.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
S/N:A1303

......and maybe i'm a bit demanding but on mine the anodizing isn't what you'd call flawless.

Anybody else in the low 1300s having the same issue or is mine 'special'?

pae77

Enlightened
Mine is A1307 and except for one tiny tiny chip or fleck near the edge of the flat spot where the serial number is written, the anodizing seems pretty perfect.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Mine is A1307 and except for one tiny tiny chip or fleck near the edge of the flat spot where the serial number is written, the anodizing seems pretty perfect.

Hey, thats funny! I have chips on the same places!

chipj.jpg

Overall its very very nice, its just such a shame that the light has these small chips..... But than again, it probably would have chips like this after a couple days of proper use even if it started out perfect :whistle:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Both of mine look perfect. I use one with a MPP1 head and the other with a Surefire incandescent D26 that was gathering dust. The incandescent is nice for a change so I'm going to keep it that way. I had planned to buy a new drop in when Cree's new model came out. I always forget the letters of it.

I plan to replace the innards of the tail switches with those of the L2-S6 forward clickies but I need to buy a couple more L2-S6. I don't like the L2-S6 as is because the little lanyard holders that enable it to tail-stand like to stick into my thumb.

Last edited:

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Both of mine look perfect. I use one with a MPP1 head and the other with a Surefire incandescent D26 that was gathering dust. The incandescent is nice for a change so I'm going to keep it that way. I had planned to buy a new drop in when Cree's new model came out. I always forget the letters of it.

Yeah, i have a second l2p/HA3-S6 on the way as we speak (please dont tell the misses) and im hoping that will be a bit better finish-wise... but if it doesnt its swell also, for the price its good enough as long as the parts that do have been properly anodised keep up like HAIII should.

I plan to replace the innards of the tail switches with those of the L2-S6 forward clickies but I need to buy a couple more L2-S6. I don't like the L2-S6 as is because the little lanyard holders that enable it to tail-stand like to stick into my thumb.

I sure hope my thumb likes the HA3-S6 a bit better than yours.... I love the looks of that one (and the lanyard holes are a must for me also). Time will tell...

So in about a week ill be able to post another serial here! :whistle:

pae77

Enlightened
Hey, thats funny! I have chips on the same places!

chipj.jpg

Overall its very very nice, its just such a shame that the light has these small chips..... But than again, it probably would have chips like this after a couple days of proper use even if it started out perfect :whistle:
Yep, that's exactly where mine has a chip (A1307). The chips on mine are almost exactly the same. Must have been some defective process in that run. Overall, the finish is wonderful though. I love the L2P host and consider it a great value. Got a $14.16 5 mode XPG module from DX (sku 32954) as well as a multi layer coated glass lens from KD (sku: S008213) for $2.29 in mine that all work together nicely too.

Great photo, btw.

Last edited:

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Yep, that's exactly where mine has a chip (A1307). The chips on mine are almost exactly the same. Must have been some defective process in that run. Overall, the finish is wonderful though. I love the L2P host and consider it a great value. Got a $14.16 5 mode XPG module from DX (sku 32954) as well as a multi layer coated glass lens from KD (sku: S008213) for $2.29 in mine that all work together nicely too.

Great photo, btw.

Yeah, i also consider it good value.... Still hope the next i get is a bit better tho ;)

I also wanted some extra stuff for my L2p: a backup 123 body, a lanyard ring, a flat bezel ring, a nice simple drop-in and an extra clicky i could experiment on to make it forward and i found out that just buying a complete l2m i'd have all of that for less than the separate parts would have set me back......

Thanks on the pic compliment btw :sssh:

jacketch

Newly Enlightened
A0099 here. No chips, no scratches, no errors. Added a ThruNite 2.7-9v drop-in.

Last edited:

])3\/!|_])/\])

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I am a long time lurker to this forum. This is my first post and my first solarforce. It is a host/body only in natural finish. I am still waiting on the drop ins.

Maybe I got lucky. The serial on my light is A0024.

L2P_SN_P3793.jpg

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Well, my second l2p arrived today and this one it doesn't have any flaws in the finish! Its great........ except that it doesn't have a single o-ring? My first light arrived even completely lubed but this one doesn't even have anything to lube! ODD!!

SN: A1446

Tally-ho

Banned
S/N A0286

A1301 // A1265

p101049301.jpg

p101049801.jpg
p101049901.jpg

EDIT: L2P body + A001 head + L2-B1 bezel + L2-LR1 lanyard ring + L2-S6 forward clicky. All matte HAIII.
(Quite expensive compared to a Farka F8 (P60 host) that is better quality and sold with lanyard ring, long lanyard (paracord), short lanyard and XP-G.R5 D26 module, all included.

p1010503r.jpg

Last edited: