Where did all the oldtimers go.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm by no means an Oldtimer, but Paul6ppca's comment above got me thinking. When I got here, piston drive McGizmo's, Spy005's, Tranquillitybase customs, Mr. Bulks, Mac triples, Milky's lights, etc. were all over BST. Needed a few bucks? Sell your PD-S knowing you'd have your choice to pick from next week after payday. It was an amazing time for a newbie Flashaholic. I remember my 100th post to get that designator under my screen name... :)

It was an amazing time ! I remember the day I got an Orb Raw, U bin wow I was shocked that it could light up my back yard. And first time I saw tritium. Wow! Discovering how easy some mods were to do. Flupic drivers. Going from a few lumens to 75! Howires, mag 85 at 1000 lumens. That was impressive. Fun times.

Last edited:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
I still have 2 of the 3 but did have all 3. I got rid of the Sharper Image light and my pic has the light that caused me to find CPF. The Dorcy spyder.

Would that be the Sharper Image one that I got from you?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unique Fenix L2T.

lMV3ZX0nuOEPIonH02vkrXJ7S6nySSTIyjB2Cvz6FZ1Mt9FKfB0dy8R2ZuJ9W7OWCxCS_OiFD5tgUYwXqvvRXTKjkbRAtNZRRZNB7Cfh0GYRq6-Hg69o1ImEmMNS9Mn8COpceKlJ_96xFFUeliEBK876xd7xvC7yg0iUp-sSEZ6T5_YCzoRrrQa_skNw-Z85SOSYWA6-aT5xRp47GaeMsGZqtqT-kx10ZF04Aaqv8CFC6N7493N9kQLgXlxI5RtmiYLXsC0Zxe1Zmm2zIRiJw_HD2EZkqXkKt-MS_gMdnxRvFHzrimLYjnzaAioFtoxpA7Ihz3drALq9ZhuZ5XuOqLOKHOym79hkU2PCx0mGt3_LPQT3SFe_9bKycHlykUsIAc8HOT1on8NJckQU7a8eVId5fiBgJ4M3M3-i6Vkjf3BuRrqGJidgQxSNfD37V6_FjipKdD2ubNUVTYDbbX3VyD1zz3gUM-9Tgc25BECt0mhr0KHf6zmF1CkVHvMu8Rach-Clyyj3a9vnZ4R1PTNhyEmcalbbZD1INSwn5FqpnLkZ1TFg9OOD5MdxKetDNMVnxoiJ2hpQ0k0jSnTzSNNOetvRO9wwfwJ1yGrE_SZEM4sYJgVwkJLMTrJ16aFJ_nqsaWiS1Z6I9qjEfJdiVySXu_LdTRuWvzkH9ze7v9ODpBlXB5edOSx7uimfSvWxL8rsiaZ4y4y-wTjnVPth7akwD7-UeA=w1250-h937-no

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still around. 2006 join date.
Still using my old lights ! Picked up some newer lights. Aaa tool.
MTN electronics D 4. Still use Flupic modded Nuwaii Q3 and Mr Bulk Chameleon !
I really like my old lights with updated leds!

Last edited:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you're all out there.
Happy holidays my friends.
Let the next year, and those that follow, be a good one.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 year anniversary for me, and looking forward to the next 15. Long live the mighty CPF! My true internet home.

Getting back into modding, and have some projects planned for 2020.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Became a member 16 years ago... and still as crazy about flashlights as then. :)

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Got that beat... been around since 2003 but not active. Arc LS days, Brinkmann, Mr Bulk, Milky. Went to the very first Photonfest and banana Vectors were the craze (to me!) Still got 'em. In fact I was the guy that taught Milky how to solder since I worked in defense electronics at the time.

Still have my ARC' s all souped up and wish I never sold the McLux lights I had.

Heady days and fine memories!

Last edited:

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Dunno if I count as an old-timer yet, but I've been busy throwing my money at my RC collection for the past 3 years. I seemed to hit a critical-mass of knowledge, expertise, and spare parts in 2015, because my collection absolutely exploded last year. I have 27 vehicles now, one of which is an airplane with a 5-foot wingspan. It uses a discontinued rotary engine, the only one ever made for RC use, which I have three spares for. In the past month I've been selling spare parts that I'd been accumulating since last summer, all of which were sold at a loss, and still recouped over a thousand dollars. All of that has been spent on new parts, some upgrades and some spares. I've had to make a no-new-vehicles rule, but that's not too hard to enforce because 1) I bought all the vehicles I wanted just before implementing that rule, and 2) I'm out of shelf space. I'm going to be paying-off all that stuff for a long time. It sounds financially unwise, but after a series of severe panic attacks in 2013-2015, I realized that if I die tomorrow I'd rather die having had the opportunity to own the toys I've wanted since I was a kid instead of dying debt-free.

I'm with you on the panic attacks and paying off toys... wanna enjoy what I have before I can't!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently, after a long break, I crawled back in with a renewed interest. Happily, the CPF is still one of the best forums with generous, helpful, members.

Latest posts