Where did all the oldtimers go.

McShawn

Enlightened
Its nice to see many of the familiar names. I have so many flashlights back to the first Arc brand lights that i have run out of room. I even collected antique lights at one point. I now only buy 2 or 3 new lights a year, not like i used to buy constantly. My interest have expanded to include guns and ammo hoarding now. ;o)

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey skalomax old buddy! How are you?

I'm still here, often lurking. Still have quite a few lights, but have built up a collection of historic firearms and custom knives.

Hey Chronos! Man, I've lost all my flashlights and caught myself using a multi 5mm led flashlights. Now i'm back to find out what the best AA flashlight is. Time to search!

greenLED, good to see you back as well!!! Gotta see those guns sometime... Believe it or not, I've still got one of your lanyards that sees almost daily use! Outlasted every other one I've ever owned. Hope you and yours are well. :)

Looks like I missed my six-year anniversary.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think old timers are those who were here before you could get Luxeon LED lights when everyone was talking about 5mm LEDs and comparing them with incans.

Mike 208

Enlightened
I first registered here on 05-22-02 under the user name of "Mike 161." When I upgraded to a better computer, I was unable to transfer my information (and 100 posts) over, so I had to re-register as "mike 208" in 2006 (I wish I knew how to find my old member number). I guess this makes me an "old timer." Still here - still love this place.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hereby claim the privilege of making the first "Year 2013" post in this thread.

Long live the CPF...and best wishes to its eclectic members that make it one of the nicest sites in all of cyberspace!

Member No. 314

:grouphug:

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
*ding*

Still here. You can check out, but you can never leave.

Today's rotating EDC is the nickel-plated E2e with XPG neutral tower.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not an old-timer, but maybe I will be some day? :nana:

^^You got your wish! (His post was posted in 2005)^

If you are still active here, you would certainly be considered an old timer. In fact, you'd now be more of an old timer than the person who posted this thread was when he first posted it!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
The only problem is that when the board was ported for the first time (that I remember), the member numbers got all jumbled, and they no longer have that relationship. For instance, my number shows as 56 when using the technique you mention, but my actual sequential member number was 116 using the original numbering scheme.

Originally 767; now 769

Brightnorm

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you an old timer when you start to look around and wonder "who are all these young kids? where did all of my old buddies wander off to??"

or maybe it's just the feeling that there's less and less reason to build your own stuff nowadays. Yeah, it's nice to be able to buy good lights, but it really takes the fun out of making your own stuff. :p

cy

Flashaholic
QUOTE Cyclops942; The only problem is that when the board was ported for the first time (that I remember), the member numbers got all jumbled, and they no longer have that relationship. For instance, my number shows as 56 when using the technique you mention, but my actual sequential member number was 116 using the original numbering scheme.

hmmm .. perhaps that's why my post count mysteriously went down by 2,000+ posts ...

Last edited:

akula88

Enlightened
Member# 3597.

After a seven-year hiatus... posted back around Dec last year (2012). Actually bought a couple of Klarus and a Fenix early last year (as 'utility' lights).

Got hooked back with CPF around end-of-Jan this year... and had been reading (and Googling) a few interesting threads (new and old) for almost everyday now; so much to learn and catch up, especially the new mods...

Learned my lesson, though, to limit my 'retained' lights to just two-or-three a year :eek:oo: :naughty: :D

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't posted in forever! I realized when I come here, I spend waaaay too much $$$, and it"s like an addiction. Days like today I buzz in for a few.

HELLO YA'ALL!!! :)