Where did all the oldtimers go.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have 2 of the 3 but did have all 3. I got rid of the Sharper Image light and my pic has the light that caused me to find CPF. The Dorcy spyder.

rjr52h.jpg

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still read here on regular basis.
How about bringing back Nuwaii Q3? That should be a reference to my time!
2005/2006 officially.
First real light Fenix L2. And got Nekomain(sp)
Cr 123 tube!

Seth

Newly Enlightened
Well, member #166 is still around.
Originally, I was member #98, but over 1.5 decades ago there was a server hiccup and members got renumbered.

Greetings to Brock, who brought me to this place.

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still read here on regular basis.
How about bringing back Nuwaii Q3? That should be a reference to my time!
2005/2006 officially.
First real light Fenix L2. And got Nekomain(sp)
Cr 123 tube!

Oh yes, I missed out on he Nuwaii Q3, but I also have the Fenix L2 and the same CR123 tube!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have an L1T v.2 . I think it was the second "good light" I ever got around 2008 or so after the LD20 Q5 (RIP ... Lost that beautiful boy). The L1T v.2 is really nice still. It has a super textured OP reflector that makes the beam really "soft." I wish more manufacturers would use really textured OP again sometimes. Or even that micro-texture almost "matte" finish like was in the... Fenix TK22, was it? Yeah the 22.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always pop in the review section before I buy any type of led flashlight.
But, I must admit...CPF has changed a lot!

#ifeelold

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always pop in the review section before I buy any type of led flashlight.
But, I must admit...CPF has changed a lot!

#ifeelold

Yes it has. I remember Friday nites everyone would be posting something cool for sale at really good prices! I would be ready to jump on a new light. Made it difficult to go to bed and miss a deal![emoji3]

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it has. I remember Friday nites everyone would be posting something cool for sale at really good prices! I would be ready to jump on a new light. Made it difficult to go to bed and miss a deal![emoji3]

Oh yes!
When those mcgizmo sales would go on.
It seems like there's a lot of new brands as well. I guess I have some reading to do.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm by no means an Oldtimer, but Paul6ppca's comment above got me thinking. When I got here, piston drive McGizmo's, Spy005's, Tranquillitybase customs, Mr. Bulks, Mac triples, Milky's lights, etc. were all over BST. Needed a few bucks? Sell your PD-S knowing you'd have your choice to pick from next week after payday. It was an amazing time for a newbie Flashaholic. I remember my 100th post to get that designator under my screen name... :)

pc_light

Enlightened
A couple of old-soldiers re-outfitted.
hS3IlA2.jpg

Nuwai's old cool Luxeon Star replaced with a neutral XM-L and perfectly capable of running 16340's w/original driver for an estimated 400 lumens. Dorcy's incan gutted and souped up to the latest neutral/warm (4000k) XP-G3 driven up to 3000mA on 16650's; love that buttery switch. I think these old beauties posses more character than new lights.
q4YS4uy.jpg

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes!
When those mcgizmo sales would go on.
It seems like there's a lot of new brands as well. I guess I have some reading to do.

Yes and Orb Raw. That was my first light over $100. I was shocked how small it was. And shocked how bright it was that night![emoji38]

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of old-solders re-outfitted.
hS3IlA2.jpg

Nuwai's old cool Luxeon Star replaced with a neutral XM-L and perfectly capable of running 16340's w/original driver for an estimated 400 lumens. Dorcy's incan gutted and souped up to the latest neutral/warm (4000k) XP-G3 driven up to 3000mA on 16650's; love that buttery switch. I think these old beauties posses more character than new lights.
q4YS4uy.jpg

I agree!
Who's got a Q 3 to sell me[emoji16]! 10 bucks. That's old school !