Where should I post a thread about a modified Makita light I put together, or similar such lights? Also, how to best photograph upgrade results?

scrapjack

Newly Enlightened
I don't see any categories like "work light," or "tool light," or "power tool battery" so I'm not sure if there is a specific place to post about either strange tool battery powered lights, like the Dr Suessian Worx brand lithium light I imported from Germany, or a Makita DML185 incandescent and the cheap practically drop in upgrade(reflector and led with driver circuit) I found for it? Also, as I now have two Makita DML185 lights, one simply came with a Milwaukee 18v led bayonet drop in with the stock reflector, I can get comparative photos modded, and unmodded with/without the standard led drop in deficiencies, but I'm not sure if there is a preference for demonstrating beam pattern, or light output differences, or if I should just point both at the ceiling in the same frame.

Attachments

• 20220518_191745.jpg
    20220518_191745.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

alabamaXL

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of these makita lights, looking to upgrade it, and can't find much info. did you ever end up posting pics of beam patterns/output?