Coleman Cree 105lm or Dorcy Rebel 140lm

• Coleman Cree 105lm

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Dorcy Rebel 140lm

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

mrk442

Newly Enlightened
Between the two which would you say is the better headlamp.. I believe the dorcy actually has a heat sink on the LED which is a plus :)

thanks for your .02

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know which Dorcy headlamp you are talking about, but I have the 105 lumen one from Walmart and it is pretty nice. I really like how you can start on either a low red mode or a bright white mode. I wish the low white mode came on before the high, but other than that the light is pretty damn nice for $25.

fishx65

Enlightened
Both nice headlamps. I seem to reach for the Dorcy much more often then the Coleman. I really like the electronic switch on the Dorcy. I would also consider the Rebel EOS a contender in this group.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
My best advice is to AVOID 3xAAA lights of any kind. They are generally direct-drive and have poor runtimes.

fishx65

Enlightened
My best advice is to AVOID 3xAAA lights of any kind. They are generally direct-drive and have poor runtimes.[/QUOTE

Direct-drive is not always a bad thing. I ran the Dorcy for well over 20 hours on alks and the output was very strong for the first 12.