Which Quark Titanium Did You Pre-Order?

Which Did You Pre-Order?

• Total voters

Haz

Enlightened
I am deciding which to order. I am curious why so many people order the standard version over the tactical. Can someone explain?

I like the standard version because it has
  • easy access to all modes, no programming needed
  • tail stand
  • less likely to be accidently turned on in a bag
  • less likely to damage the switch because it is recessed
the tactical has the following advantage which i like
  • tactical switch can be turned on momentarily without any sound. At night when it's quiet and everyone's asleep the activation of the switch is actually quite loud, i like a tactical switch for this operation if momentary action is sufficient for the task at hand.
  • quick on/off operation when using momentary mode.
I guess if i was to choose one, the standard will have priority due to the more 'advantages' that i perceive it to have.

To sum it up, basically I find the standard better when i don't have it in my hands!, but in my hands the tactical is far more superior.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome.

Forgot we're in the Quark TI thread. :banghead: I hop back and forth to all Quark and other threads. As of now there is not an option to order a tactical tailcap seperately, or any parts for these TI lights - just a heads up.

So what is desired, is it the circuits in the tailcap? Because I was going to say the blue boots are available in tactical and regular, if its not about the programming. Is that what people do.... order a tactical light, unscrew the tail, replace the tactical boot with a regular boot for tailstanding, etc etc?

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the standard version because it has
  • easy access to all modes, no programming needed
  • tail stand
  • less likely to be accidently turned on in a bag
  • less likely to damage the switch because it is recessed
the tactical has the following advantage which i like
  • tactical switch can be turned on momentarily without any sound. At night when it's quiet and everyone's asleep the activation of the switch is actually quite loud, i like a tactical switch for this operation if momentary action is sufficient for the task at hand.
  • quick on/off operation when using momentary mode.
I guess if i was to choose one, the standard will have priority due to the more 'advantages' that i perceive it to have.

To sum it up, basically I find the standard better.

I agree up to this point. I have not had a tactical version to fiddle with so I cannot say anything about them yet.... That might change in the future. :whistle: Just to try it out.

gsxrac

Enlightened
You know im kind of torn between wether or not I want to see pics of these... I know as soon as I see pictures of these guys Im going to want mine worse than ever!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know im kind of torn between wether or not I want to see pics of these... I know as soon as I see pictures of these guys Im going to want mine worse than ever!

Actually the link nismotor had posted in the Titanium Quark thread looked like it could be a candidate of what the Quark will look like (if you use a little imagination). I'll repost it on here just incase people missed it:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/207772

FYI, it is not a Quark but is pretty darn close to what I am picturing it looking like... :hitit:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a 123 tactical..........

the only bad thing in my eyes are the polished titanium. i wish it were bead blast! anyone else?

Olaf

Well in the picture it is Stainless Steel. And supposedly the Ti Quarks will have alot of knurling. The bead blast would be pretty interesting though.

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened
Well, i'm finally down for a single QAA reg...my first AA light...hope it's a gooder!:)

snailmeat

Newly Enlightened
My thoughts exactly. I think beadblast will not wear well though. I figure the polished Ti will pick up a dulled finish after a while of EDC, and that I'd leave it as that.

BTW, ordered a regular 123 with no clip...

I just ordered a 123 tactical..........

the only bad thing in my eyes are the polished titanium. i wish it were bead blast! anyone else?

Olaf

Haz

Enlightened
I do like the polish finish, if you have some fine surface scratch, it's easier to bring back to it's original state. A bead blast may look nice because it has a consistent matte finish, but if there was a worn out spot, it's going to be difficult to bring back to that same finish. The same goes for a satin finish too, it's hard for the average joe without a lathe to bring back the fine parallel lines achieved the original satin finish.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the chance that 4SEVENS will ship these lights out earlier than September 28th? Putting in consideration, that they will hit over their 500 pre-order marker sooner than expected?

Also... they mention in the market place that they increased the price of the boxed set and are including something to it...

Last edited:

sygyzy

Enlightened
I used to be a fan of only CR123 lights then I started appreciating AA lights. Regardless, I just placed an order for a 123, Regular, No Clip.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
clearly, this poll isn't doing its job very well. which one is the most popular in this poll as of NOW? Quark Ti 123.
Which one is out of order in the sevens site right now? Quark Ti 2x123

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
clearly, this poll isn't doing its job very well. which one is the most popular in this poll as of NOW? Quark Ti 123.
Which one is out of order in the sevens site right now? Quark Ti 2x123

When I originally posted this poll, I wanted to see what everyone had pre-ordered, so I can make a decision on what to order myself. I was between a few lights. But some of the reasoning that was provided in this thread, helped me narrow down my choice, therefore proving successful for my needs.
I doubt that every person that has ordered a Ti Quark has voted in this poll...can't make 'em go to this thread...

It is near impossible to get an exact tally of every person's pre-order. Some people that voted even admitted that they changed their minds last minute after voting, and had voted for the wrong light.:party: I guess it is more of a ballpark figure. :popcorn:

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
paypal.gif
for 2AA regular
happy14.gif
, it'll keep my AA company
thumbsup.gif

I'm unable to vote again:ohgeez:

adnj

Enlightened
Too bad that we don't know what regular Quarks sold. That would be the best indication.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is near impossible to get an exact tally of every person's pre-order. Some people that voted even admitted that they changed their minds last minute after voting, and had voted for the wrong light.:party: I guess it is more of a ballpark figure. :popcorn:
And some people bought more than one light.
So from a statistics point of view, this poll.........:oops:

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
And some people bought more than one light.
So from a statistics point of view, this poll.........:oops:
The error may not be as bad as you think.

I purchased a AA and a 123. When I voted I ticked both and it took my votes. So the only errors would be those who went back and purchased a second light and can't update.

Tremendo

Enlightened
The error may not be as bad as you think.

I purchased a AA and a 123. When I voted I ticked both and it took my votes. So the only errors would be those who went back and purchased a second light and can't update.
Or those of us who bought 2 of the same. ;)