Which Quark Titanium Did You Pre-Order?

Which Did You Pre-Order?

• Total voters

Norm

Retired Administrator

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
That's how these are going to be? I should have paid closer attention. Oh well not a huge Ti fan anyway. S.S. or Al.
:broke:

But wait a minute. A half dozen pages in & no D.Q. sighting? I don't see his vote either.

Not exactly Leon. The "Regular" version of these lights have multiple modes that are easily accessable with "soft clicks" (Tightened = Turbo and strobe, Loosened = low, med, high, strobe etc...). The "Tactical" models have only 2 user defined modes (accessable via tightened and loosened bezel orientations) that require specific actions to program, so other modes cannot be accessed accidently. So depending on the model, you have a different interface. I'm just surprised more people went for the regular models, I feel tactical is superior.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly Leon. The "Regular" version of these lights have multiple modes that are easily accessable with "soft clicks" (Tightened = Turbo and strobe, Loosened = low, med, high, strobe etc...). The "Tactical" models have only 2 user defined modes (accessable via tightened and loosened bezel orientations) that require specific actions to program, so other modes cannot be accessed accidently. So depending on the model, you have a different interface. I'm just surprised more people went for the regular models, I feel tactical is superior.

I like have access to everything the light offers. I use my Quark's Max and Strobe 9/10 times, and 1/10 of the time I will untwist to access the moonlight mode. I never use medium, but if i need to, it is there incase of a power outage. It is easy access for me using the Regular Quark Set-up, so in reality there is really no need for me to program, if it is already programmed exactly the way I want it, plus you cannot tailstand a tactical...

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
This is true Cano, I can see where you are coming from. What practical application do you use the strobe for? I find myself wondering why so many manufactures include these settings in their lights. Back to the point; if ease of use and convenience is what you desire (plus ability to tail stand), you are correct for purchasing the regular. I'll keep my tacs however (I hate inadvertant strobe activation).

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like have access to everything the light offers. I use my Quark's Max and Strobe 9/10 times, and 1/10 of the time I will untwist to access the moonlight mode. I never use medium, but if i need to, it is there incase of a power outage. It is easy access for me using the Regular Quark Set-up, so in reality there is really no need for me to program, if it is already programmed exactly the way I want it, plus you cannot tailstand a tactical...
Exactly! If a forward click is tail standable, it would be much more attractive to me.

Lets face it, MOST of us don't really "need" a forward clicky, but many ppl for EDC use would find the tail stand feature quite useful.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Lets face it, MOST of us don't really "need" a forward clicky, but many ppl for EDC use would find the tail stand feature quite useful.
I'm always caught up, since I like the forward clicky and the tail stand. But, I decided to get 2 Tactical Ti AA's, (both with forward clickies).

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why 2 Tacticals?

Would you ever use 2 flashlights at once?
I've heard of dual pistols, but not so much dual flashlights... lol

Tremendo

Enlightened
Why 2 Tacticals?
Would you ever use 2 flashlights at once?
I've heard of dual pistols, but not so much dual flashlights... lol
Gonna give one to a buddy. That being said, I have use for many good flashlights. My EDC and my wife's EDC (purse carry) (2). I keep 1 in each car glove box (3), One in my nightstand and my wife's as well (2), Several accessible by everyone in the house if needed (3). That's already 10 decent lights. It's easy to justify it if you want to. ;)

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I've been wondering... if you take off the protruding boot out of the Quark Tactical, and possibly replace it with a flushed boot, will it still act as a forward clicky? Or is it even possible? I ask because I've never experimented with the tail of the Quark Tacticals, and now that the blue boots are available for sale as accessories at 4Sevens... put two and two together, and you have a tactical light with tailstanding capabilities...

SJB

Newly Enlightened
Now I've been wondering... if you take off the protruding boot out of the Quark Tactical, and possibly replace it with a flushed boot, will it still act as a forward clicky? Or is it even possible? I ask because I've never experimented with the tail of the Quark Tacticals, and now that the blue boots are available for sale as accessories at 4Sevens... put two and two together, and you have a tactical light with tailstanding capabilities...

The tactical forward clicky switch will not fit under the flush boot. (It protrudes too far out of the tailcap)

adnj

Enlightened
What practical application do you use the strobe for?

I hike the tropics regularly. Because of the canopy, it can be nearly dark at high noon. I regularly use strobe to ID my location to others nearby - a steady light is simply too hard to see. Strobe is handy when diving, too. Especially if the boat is picking you up when it's getting dark or overcast.

I also use strobe when bicycling with a light clamped to the handlebars. Very annoying. Very recognizable to cars AND people walking.

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hike the tropics regularly. Because of the canopy, it can be nearly dark at high noon. I regularly use strobe to ID my location to others nearby - a steady light is simply too hard to see. Strobe is handy when diving, too. Especially if the boat is picking you up when it's getting dark or overcast.

I also use strobe when bicycling with a light clamped to the handlebars. Very annoying. Very recognizable to cars AND people walking.

I also use strobe when riding my bike. When a car is coming too close or too fast on to me at night, I will use the strobe, and the usually brake or go as far away from me as possible. Maybe because they think its police lights? Either that or if someone is really annoying me, I will use the strobe on them, and they forget their thoughts, and usually leave the room. :twothumbs

duboost

Enlightened
I wasn't exactly sure why everyone was so crazy over the blue buttons before, but now that i actually see the pics... wow! It compliments it so well. I'm glad i got my order in for a CR123^2. I ended up thinking I wanted to get a single cr123 as well w/ a clip also but was too late to the party :ohgeez:. Hopefully someone couldn't make a decision on one in particular and bought different ones to try out and play with and we'll end up seeing see a few for sale in the marketplace. *crosses fingers* :whistle:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer black buttons or grey (if they exist) to go with Ti. :p

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Hopefully someone couldn't make a decision on one in particular and bought different ones to try out and play with and we'll end up seeing see a few for sale in the marketplace. *crosses fingers* :whistle:

I'm almost positive this happened to some people. Expect these resold units to be marked up somewhat (supply and demand).
I wish I ordered the set :shakehead