Why no love for thrunite T21??

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I also wanted to order one for seeing their recently lower prices but then I decided to stop. These battery crusher type lghts may be picky about the battery length and protected 16340 batteries are usually fatter and longer than regular cr123s. Since I don't plan to stich with CR123 on a powerful flashlight that can run them down in half an hour, I would like to have a light less picky about cell sizes. I'd appreciate if any could confirm the cell compatibility of this flashlight, and then it may find its place in my pocket.

PS, there is the Saber 1c version with XPG2 led and I believe that one would be more throwy and have a better tint.

jay_rush

Unenlightened
i ended up buying one of these. for alot of the 16340s i used it had to be tightened up VERY tight. the ones that didnt were fine for a while but i noticed that every time it was tighened to change modes the oring got caught and moved and after a while then the oring got stuck and the light cut it in half. then i put in the spare oring and more lube and cycled through all the modes real quick and it cut that oring in half also. i was very pissed off i threw i the whole light in the bin, its my thrunite tradition :)

jabara572

Newly Enlightened
I also wanted to order one for seeing their recently lower prices but then I decided to stop. These battery crusher type lghts may be picky about the battery length and protected 16340 batteries are usually fatter and longer than regular cr123s. Since I don't plan to stich with CR123 on a powerful flashlight that can run them down in half an hour, I would like to have a light less picky about cell sizes. I'd appreciate if any could confirm the cell compatibility of this flashlight, and then it may find its place in my pocket.

PS, there is the Saber 1c version with XPG2 led and I believe that one would be more throwy and have a better tint.

The T21 is not a battery crusher because of the spring. My T21 functions fine on Eagletac 16340, SF/Duracell Primaries, XTAR 16340, XTAR 16340 w/ PCB removed, along with some other various primaries, all have worked fine. The T21 throws a ton of light, but i will also say that mine has a very yellow/green tint....while its not terrible, it is the worst of all the lights I have.... Despite being more of a flood light, it still out throws the more focus T20 due to sheer lumens.

The T20 is much more picky about batteries. Mine works fine with SF Primary, Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123, and XTAR 16340 w/o PCB (but barely). It is very VERY finicky with Eagletac/XTAR 16340's with the PCB, to the point of it barely working, and the head wont screw down. I have not found ANY 16340 that will work decently on the T20, and when on Li-on the medium mode flickers terribly. If you have a T20, the best bet it to use the tenergy LiFePO4 batteries, they work great.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
anything that small with xm-l i think is a little pointless, also there are many small lights to choose from.