Window Shopping

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF, been a while!

I'm looking for a new light. Lemme go through the list for you guys..

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light? - there's nothing good in a B&M around here, so online it is!

2) Budget: Flexible, not looking to break the bank but I like nice things.

3) Format: Flashlight

4) Flashlight-specific format/size: EDC Size, small but not keychain. Would greatly appreciate a streamlined design.

5) Emitter/Light source: LED

6) Manufacturer: Lean towards ready out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use? 123. Rechargable a bonus.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? I want two stages - one dim (1-10 lumens-ish) and one brighter - 120+?

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Lighting up a room. If I need more range, I'll get a bigger light.

10) Runtime: Hence the two stages - dim should be mega runtime, bright should be 60 minutes or so.

11) Durability/Usage: Needs to take a lickin'

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply): Tailcap. Recessed if possible.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. 2 levels, but NOT clicky - light press for dim, press harder for bright.

14)Material/Finish/Coating - Probably AL, maybe Ti

15) Special Needs/extras: Crenelated bezel is nice but not necessessity - I would like a pocket clip.

What say ye, CPF?

yliu

Enlightened
Jetbeam PC10 or PC20, Fenix PD20, PD32.

If you really want 2 brightness only, then go with the Jetbeam BC20.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are nice lights, but they're clicky, which I DON'T want.

I'm looking for something akin to the Surefire A2 or L(x?)2.. or as my signature says, a McGizmo PD. I like the size of the McGizmo, but not the part where I'd never be able to replace it if I lost it. It's a safe queen :(

So is there a light like the A2 but smaller? I'd HAVE to think that in the years since I bought my a2 (I think that would have been 2003 or 2004) that things would have improved in the flashlight world..

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Those are nice lights, but they're clicky, which I DON'T want.

I'm looking for something akin to the Surefire A2 or L(x?)2.. or as my signature says, a McGizmo PD. I like the size of the McGizmo, but not the part where I'd never be able to replace it if I lost it. It's a safe queen :(

So is there a light like the A2 but smaller? I'd HAVE to think that in the years since I bought my a2 (I think that would have been 2003 or 2004) that things would have improved in the flashlight world..
Not in the department of momentary only and twist for constant, I think thats Surefire department.

Milky ML1?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I just figured that with all the technical advances, SOMEBODY would have come up with something similar. I'm guessing the Milky would be expensive enough to worry about constantly. If I wanted ulcers, I'd just carry my AlPD!

Looks like the LX2 and A2 are the LED contenders from Surefire, but they're both a little bigger than I was hoping for..

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I guess I just figured that with all the technical advances, SOMEBODY would have come up with something similar. I'm guessing the Milky would be expensive enough to worry about constantly. If I wanted ulcers, I'd just carry my AlPD!

Looks like the LX2 and A2 are the LED contenders from Surefire, but they're both a little bigger than I was hoping for..
Theres the regular L1? Id contact Milky, If you just want an Imitter swap and 2 brighter levels with the stock TIR it might not be that much, mine is going to be like around $200 plus the price of the flash light but that is because I want 3 banks of 2 levels and I'm having a reflector put in and it modded to run on 17500's.