Wolf-Eyes Thunder 3-cree LED ????

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man thats cool! I wonder if it's built on the M90 body? It would be awesome if you can add it to an M90 that a person already owns. An item purchasable seperatly.

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
JeffW – I'm still waiting on Wolf Eyes to send the runtime figures. If you mount the Thunder on your M4 be careful of your background reflection, its a lot of light, you might blind yourself. :nana:

Just think of the guy on the other end !!!!!!!!!!

:oops:

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Please forgive me for butting in here, but can anyone give me information on the background of Wolf Eyes and how to order? I'm new to the Wolf Eyes game, have heard of them several times, but these lights have my attention...

Any specific links would be great (the search turned up too much info)
Thanks,
Ryan

edc3

Enlightened
Please forgive me for butting in here, but can anyone give me information on the background of Wolf Eyes and how to order? I'm new to the Wolf Eyes game, have heard of them several times, but these lights have my attention...

Any specific links would be great (the search turned up too much info)
Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I've ordered four Wolf Eyes from PTS Flashlights and been very happy with both prices and service. Here's a link:

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/category.aspx?uid=1

PM Mike@PTS (see posts above) for info on CPF discount.

Regards,

Don

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed these lights on PTS last night... and found this thread today. :D
I'm definitely considering one. The abiliyt to upgrade the modules is just awesome.
And a single 123 light sounds great too. Haven't been able to justify buying a SF one yet.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Mike,

Anything on the 123 x 1 size light that FASTCAR mentioned? I've been wanting a Surefire L1 but a similar Wolf Eyes 2 mode high/low offering might change my mind.
The 123 x 1 light is still in R&D, so we might see it by December.

DUQ
Oh man thats cool! I wonder if it's built on the M90 body? It would be awesome if you can add it to an M90 that a person already owns. An item purchasable seperatly.
I still do not have much information yet but that would be the way to design it! I'll make sure WE hears about your idea.

JeffW
Just think of the guy on the other end !!!!!!!!!!
He might need a seeing eye dog, if he survives. :laughing:

cchurchi

Enlightened
Ever since I received my first Boxer months ago, I have wanted Wolf Eyes to make a 3 X cree light that used the boxer body and battery cartridge. Then after getting the M300, I wanted a light like this even more. All I can say is this is going to be freaking awesome!!! Wolf Eyes better make a bunch of these babies!

PUT ME ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST FOR THE STORM MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

cchurchi

Enlightened
Since everyone is putting in their 2 cents on this light, I would suggest (3) 5mm red leds between the cree lamps for night map reading.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
100% Correct!!!! It's a WIN WIN DEAL with Excellent Customer Service, Great Prices from Mike@PTS, and High Quality Products from Wolf Eyes:thumbsup:.
Hi Ryan,

I've ordered four Wolf Eyes from PTS Flashlights and been very happy with both prices and service. Here's a link:

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/category.aspx?uid=1

PM Mike@PTS (see posts above) for info on CPF discount.

Regards,

Don

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Since everyone is putting in their 2 cents on this light, I would suggest (3) 5mm red leds between the cree lamps for night map reading.
Great idea! The owner and engineers are considering this.
FliGuyRyan
Can WE make a multi mode model in the Thunder or Storm? Or even maybe programmable?
The THUNDER & STORM will be digital 2 modes with a high and low

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the 5mm red LED idea is being considered, please allow it to be turned on while the Cree XR-Es are on also to give a bit better color rendition to fill in the red/orange parts of the spectrum. I don't know how much help 3x5mm LEDs would be against 3x XR-Es, but it may add enough red/orange components to improve color rendition and make objects look less flat.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I might be out of my league for continuing this thought, but how far off would it be to consider like HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW, ULTRA LOW, STROBE (HIGH) modes with like a "Normal" mode on a Fenix (bezel twist). Then with another bezel twist, having the red LEDs and their different levels... HIGH and LOW and a Beacon mode.

That... would be a great UI. Could they produce a special-edition maybe?

Thanks for the responses,
Ryan

P.S. Programmable, better yet... ;-)

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, keep it simple, two modes is plenty......a good practical low and max. I have all those modes on my Fenix L2D but only use the two settings.....

waTom

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Mike @ PTS has updated the discription in his store. It know contains runtimes.
:thumbsup:

Does anyone know if I will be charged immediately if I preorder @ PTS?

Last edited: