• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

Re: World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

I'm in for the Abell as well as the brass one, no trits.

We used his textbook (George Abell) in my intro astronomy class.

Thank You Magellan, your light will ship out on Friday. I have named this light based on the Abell 2744 Galaxy which obviously was named after George Abell:)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

Forgot to say payment sent for the two lights.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I was looking at the finishes again, and they look like spectra with the sharper lines being absorption lines, except they're light instead of black. Very cool. (Any old amateur astronomers here? :)

Forgot to say payment sent for the two lights.

Got it, thank you for your purchase, your light will ship out on Friday!

I was looking at the finishes again, and they look like spectra with the sharper lines being absorption lines, except they're light instead of black. Very cool. (Any old amateur astronomers here? :)

They do, except I'm missing a few colors....your idea about making a version with the full spectrum of light would be awesome....but there are a few colors, that heat treating titanium cannot produce. I have to stick with the few I can do, even those are hard to control. When your material is super thin like the Nucleus (there are parts where the wall thickness is less than 0.006 inch) colors can change within a fraction of a second.

Just a quick info on this light. Special Editions will come with black delrin sleeves, and it is a press fit permanently installed. This lights go trough so much testing before they leave my hands, that it is nearly impossible for any of them missing this part. Also, please remember, that this light was designed and guaranteed for brightness and operation using 3x Maxell SR41W 392.

rockgranite79

Newly Enlightened

in for Andromedia with trits George - paypal sent

If you're expecting a Brass of Special Edition version, you're package have been shipped out yesterday, and tracking number has been added to your PayPal payment. Thank You for your purchases!

rockgranite79

Newly Enlightened

thanks for the speedy response and shipment!

magellan

Honorary Aussie

George,

I think you said something about a photo showing the Nucleus next to some other lights for scale so here is one with a bunch of other small pocket lights, including some now rare classics.

All are 10180 except where noted. So from about 12 o'clock clockwise these are:

1. Veleno Helix Zi zirconium
2. Tain Ottavino 10280 Damascus
3. DQG brass Fairy
4. Modamag Drake Ti AlTiN
5. Steve Ku 40DD bead blast finish
6. Pi Projects G1 Ti 10280 titanium
7. Lummi Wee Ag sterling silver
8. ITP N1 EOS 1/3 N cell
9. CooYoo Quantum SS stainless steel

Last edited:

Thank You Magellan, this has really made my day:)
I envy your collection, I've always loved small flashlights. I like, how you kept the Nucleus true to its name being in the center, with the "shell" surrounding it. I will have to look for some of these for myself!

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened

George,

I think you said something about a photo showing the Nucleus next to some other lights for scale so here is one with a bunch of other small pocket lights, including some now rare classics.

All are 10180 except where noted. So from about 12 o'clock clockwise these are:

1. Veleno Helix Zi zirconium
2. Tain Ottavino 10280 Damascus
3. DQG brass Fairy
4. Modamag Drake Ti AlTiN
5. Steve Ku 40DD bead blast finish
6. Pi Projects G1 Ti 10280 titanium
7. Lummi Wee Ag sterling silver
8. ITP N1 EOS 1/3 N cell
9. CooYoo Quantum SS stainless steel

Magellan, those are very nice lights especially the Helix! Thanks for sharing! :twothumbs

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Thank You Magellan, this has really made my day:)
I am envy of your collection, I've always loved small flashlights. I like, how you kept the Nucleus true to its name being in the center, with the "shell" surrounding it. I will have to look for some of these for myself!

Good point; I actually hadn't thought about the connection there until you mentioned it.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Magellan, those are very nice lights especially the Helix! Thanks for sharing! :twothumbs

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it!

toybot studios

Newly Enlightened

hi George. Paypal sent for Galaxy Collection Abell with split ring top and green trits. thank you!

hi George. Paypal sent for Galaxy Collection Abell with split ring top and green trits. thank you!

I received your payment, thank You, for your purchase!
I will ship your light out by USPS Priority Mail on Wed. or Thu. Once it has shipped, I will update your PayPal transaction, with the tracking number. Feel free to message me, with any question you might have:)