• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

Re: World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

thanks for the speedy response and shipment!

hi George. Paypal sent for Galaxy Collection Abell with split ring top and green trits. thank you!

Both of your lights will ship out within the hour. I will add a tracking number to your PayPal transaction later today. Let me know, if you have any questions!:)

Re: World Smallest Titanium Flashlight "Nucleus" Special Edition, and Brass Version

FYI all the Special Edition Nucleus comes with black Delrin inserts instead of the white (standard and brass edition) They only differ in color, and have been permanently installed press fit pieces. Most of them have been delivered this morning, so look for your package, when you get home. Thanks for your attention!

I got my brass and Galaxies today....beautiful work George. Perfectly executed! Truly r tiny gems.....out of this world.(Parton huge pun!)

Pardon the pun! Sheesh, I couldn't edit it! Aaargh

I got my brass and Galaxies today....beautiful work George. Perfectly executed! Truly r tiny gems.....out of this world.(Parton huge pun!)

Don't edit, your pun was pretty clever!:)

By the way, I'm glad you like it, I think, they are even more striking seeing them in person...

The pictures don't do them justice. The colors r intense....well done! Damascus, mokume game, timascus oh my!!hint hint

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

The pictures don't do them justice. The colors r intense....well done! Damascus, mokume game, timascus oh my!!hint hint
Copper. ;)

Uriah

Enlightened

YUP
Like RGRAY said COPPER
:D

YUP
Like RGRAY said COPPER
:D

I can't promise you anything, but I can tell you this: If there is an other batch, I will make some copper, Mokume Gane, Timascus and Damascus....very limited numbers in Mokume and Timascus. If they are made, it will be this year for sure, along with an other design I'm going to start working on in a few days.

phosphor22

Enlightened

From a galaxy not so far away... a fine and stunning little light arrived at my doorstep : )
Its a beauty George!
And let me also reiterate: copper....

From a galaxy not so far away... a fine and stunning little light arrived at my doorstep : )
Its a beauty George!
And let me also reiterate: copper....

Thanks Ann, I'm glad you like it! We went back and forth a few times, before getting one with the colors you wanted...:)
I guess copper is in need now...;)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi George...

PP has been sent for a Brass nucleus and an Abell nucleus. Green trits all the way, please!

Thanks again, George, for everything!

Hi George...

PP has been sent for a Brass nucleus and an Abell nucleus. Green trits all the way, please!

Thank You John, your payment was received! Your lights will ship out no later than Monday!:)
So far Abell seems to be the most popular if special edition, I'm sure, you'll love it. Once it is shipped, I will add a tracking number to your transaction. Thanks again!:)

parametrek

Enlightened

Wow, I am very impressed. At first I thought there was no way it would be smaller than the MatchBox Instruments Core Ti, but the Core TI is 4.32 cubic centimeters while the Nucleus is 1.85 cc. Half the weight too. A fine piece of engineering.

Wow, I am very impressed. At first I thought there was no way it would be smaller than the MatchBox Instruments Core Ti, but the Core TI is 4.32 cubic centimeters while the Nucleus is 1.85 cc. Half the weight too. A fine piece of engineering.

Thank you Parametrek, I was constantly battling to have the smallest design I could produce, without sacrificing strenght. One of its highlight I think is still having a high power high CRI LED in such a small light...even though I had to sacrifice runtime. I expect though, that there will be a sub 10mm dia. Lithium battery in the near future, that could replace the button cells in this light.

parametrek

Enlightened

I expect though, that there will be a sub 10mm dia. Lithium battery in the near future, that could replace the button cells in this light.

Several already exist. The smallest I am aware of is the Panasonic CG-320A. 3.65mm diameter, 20mm length, 0.6 grams and 15mAh. Here is the pdf datasheet.

I don't know of anyone selling the CG-230A in small quantities but there are chinese knockoffs like the Cendao 4623 and the (slightly larger) 05280 cell. There are a variety in the 5mm-9mm range meant for electronic pens. But they are probably longer than you are interested in.

There are even smaller li-poly pouch cells too but those would be difficult to use in a flashlight :)

Last edited:

Several already exist. The smallest I am aware of is the Panasonic CG-320A. 3.65mm diameter, 20mm length, 0.6 grams and 15mAh. Here is the pdf datasheet.

I don't know of anyone selling the CG-230A in small quantities but there are chinese knockoffs like the Cendao 4623 and the (slightly larger) 05280 cell. There are a variety in the 5mm-9mm range meant for electronic pens. But they are probably longer than you are interested in.

There are even smaller li-poly pouch cells too but those would be difficult to use in a flashlight :)

Thank you Parametrek, I'm aware of the Chinese knock-offs, I was hoping for an "official" mainstream battery with the same length to diameter ratio as the 10150...maybe an 08100 or 08120? As far as the Panasonic CG-320A, I haven't seen any for sale, even though it was announced nearly 2 years ago. Luckily, battery technology advances quite quickly these days:)

Hi George...

Your lights have been shipped John, you'll see your tracking number added to your PayPal transaction! Also, check your Pm:)

Here is the new contest for existing and future owners of Nucleus! If you have one Brass or Special Edition, or if you have a regular one, that you haven't entered into the last contest, here is your 2nd chance. If you've been thinking about getting one of these lights, I still have some available. Currently, I have about 6 Brass version, and about 30 Titanium, that can be sold as brushed, polished or I can make a Special Edition of your choice. We're getting close to the point, where I can put the Mokume Gane Edition up for contest, so keep checking back to this thread!

If you're interested in buying the Brushed Titanium or Polished Titanium Version you can do it
HERE.

For the Special Edition (Galaxy Collection) and Brass Version, please check out this thread HERE.

You can see the exact contest rules below the picture:

30216018936_feaabffe06_b.jpg

New Photo Contest for a fully loaded (Tritium) Nucleus of your choice !!

The winner of this contest will be receiving one Nucleus of their choice. The deadline for submitting your photo will be 11/06/16.

In order to qualify for this contest, you either have to own the Brass or the Special Edition Nucleus, or own one of the regular brushed or polished Titanium and haven't submitted any photos for the last contest.

Contest Description:

This contest has to do with my other hobby, photography. You will have to submit the "coolest" photo with this light in it. By "coolest" I mean by having this light in an interesting place, surroundings or situation. There is not many rules about this part, you don't have to use professional grade cameras, you can shoot with phones or even with film cameras. Feel free to be creative.

Rules of the photos you submit:

- The photograph you are using, has to be taken by YOU in whole. You are permitted to use Photoshop, as long as using your own photo.
- Photo needs to be in focus (no blurry shots please!)
- It needs to be at least 1920x1080 or 2 MegaPixel
- One photo per light you've purchased.
(Posting a photo at the time of receiving your light will not count as your submission, but if that's what you'd like to use for the contest, you can.)
- All submission has to be done by 11/06/2016 (Winner will be announced on 9/15/16 getting his light shipped the next day)
(Once we reach the required number of sale for the Mokume Gane version, you'll be able to submit one more picture to win that one.)
-
Post your photo in the sales thread with the description "Photo contest"

(With any questions about the contest, please pm or email me at [email protected])

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

George, am I reading you correctly that the mokume gane version will also be available for sale but it has to reach a minimum number? If so, can you tell us what that is?

Last edited: