• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB Quark RGB

I know this is an odd ball flashlight that has not been around for a while but I am just seeing if somebody has one laying around that they are willing to part with.

Thanks,
Andrew

Yes, but it's a wonderful oddball flashlight.
Best of luck with your quest.
May the 4th be with you.
Image 5-4-23 at 9.03 AM.jpg

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny you mention using the RGB for video. A little while back I was thinking about that light for the same purpose. I did some half-hearted Google searching but not much since I figured they were probably long gone by now.

Unless you maybe give Chauncey a few gold bars, and possibly a few spare body parts, to convince him to part with one of his!!

Anyway, back to video, I tried a lot of my lights to try to find what was best, including some make-shift diffusers like white plastic grocery bags. Turned out that the best was the little AAA Lumintop EDC01 (has the pebbled/honeycomb TIR optic). That puts out a very smooth beam that doesn't show a blown-out hotspot in photos and video.

Might not be enough lumens and/or runtime for your application though. But I did just discover there is a AA version of the same light (EDC15). I was making a small purchase on Amazon anyway, and it was only like $17 so I threw it in the cart too. I don't trust any lumen specs anymore so I'm just waiting till I get it to see what it'll actually do.

Not that I'm trying to talk you out of the D4K though!!